Chapter 1: The Edge of Glory

It was a dark afternoon on the tower. Eris was holding a contest to see which guardian faction could find all the hidden wax idols strewn across the building. So far, Dead orbit was winning by a mile, while New Monarchy and Future War Cult were battling it out for second. To make matters worse, Eris, using her mastery of hive magic, summoned hive Knights to guard each one.

Suddenly something dashed by the ship docks. It walked out of the darkness, revealing itself to be a human hunter. He was dark-skinned, with a buzz cut and green eyes. His cape was being blown in the wind, and a jet-black symbol was ablazened on it, with a white background; he was with Dead orbit. He heard a sigh from behind him, and he darted around to see who it was, but saw no one. Then he heard it again, and took out his dagger.

"Ooh, so clever, Soley Kouche.." it said, seductively. "striking at night to get all of the bounty, while we sleep like dogs. It's no wonder your name means dusk." He looked over to the F.W.C. lodge, and saw purple eyes staring directly at him. The strange figure hopped down to meet Soley, and threw down a ball of glowing energy, illuminating the entire area. Judging from her blue skin, Soley could tell she was an awoken. Her crimson red hair stood out like a vex eye, and it wasnt helping that her gold warlock bond reflected light from the moon directly into Soley's eyes.

Blinded, He asked "Who are you, and what do you think your'e doing up this late?"

Laughing histarically, she took off her bond and replied "Oh, cut the bullshit, Soley, we both know you're trying to hoard all the wax idols for yourself. Why even bother to try when you know that new monarchy could bypass the contest, since you're technically cheating right now!"

Admitting defeat, Soley said "Alright, Padrona, you caught me. But what makes you think that youll be able to stop me, hmm?"

Before Padrona could react, a deep voice banged from across the room. They looked over, and saw a hefty figure sitting where the shipwright would usually sit. He stood up, and walked into the light. A buff exo titan, he towered over Padrona. A deep gash ran across his glowing yellow eye, and the deep scar was starting to rust.

"And what makes you such a perfect girl, Padrona? After all, you should be asleep, aswell." said the brute. "You wouldn't want Oryx to come after you, right?"

She gulped, and let out a sigh. "Well, I guess you have a point, Destruge. We'll go back to our rooms."

Destruge-28 walked right up to her, and boomed "NOW!"

Both Soley and Padrona sprinted back to their rooms.

Right as he opened his door, Soley said "I hate being on the edge of glory."