12

"Happy birthday cutie." Jonah smiled while handing me a cupcake. "I know your mom wasn't going to make you a cake since you moved in with your grandmother and I don't know how to bake so I picked one up on my way to school."

"Thank you." I smiled and hugged him. "Wanna go on a road trip this weekend."

"In." Jonah asked.

"My new car I don't have my licenses yet but I know you can drive a stick." I chuckled.

"What kind of car did you get." Jonah asked.

"A 2004 Mazda Miata." I chuckled.

"Bad ass are you gonna customize it." Jonah asked and I shrugged.

"Maybe." I sighed.

Later that day

"And the lights out." I sighed while staring at the light bulb in the kitchen.

"Got anymore light bulbs." Jonah asked.

"Nope." Grandma stated and opened the fridge.

"You're letting the cold-."

"Are you my mother child no so shut up." Grandma stated and Jonah laughed.

"I don't find it funny." I mumbled. "How do you not have any light bulbs."

"Because I buy tequila." Grandma stated. "You two go to the store make sure they are white and not yellow."

"Got it." I chuckled.

"There is fifty dollars in my wallet get the light bulbs." Grandma stated. "And some candy."

"Okay." Jonah chuckled.

Later that night

"I don't want you to go home." I whined and climbed on top of Jonah.

"I have to." Jonah chuckled and sat up moving my legs to the side.

"I know." I mumbled and wrapped my arms around his neck. He smiled and pecked my lips.

"I wish you had a better birthday." Jonah stated.

"It's okay." I mumbled. "It wasn't going to be a good one anyway."

"I'm sorry." Jonah sighed and brushed my hair out of my face.

"Not your fault." I mumbled.

"I know but I didn't try very hard to make it better." Jonah sighed.

"It's a school night and you have to be home early so I get it." I mumbled. "It's not fun having a birthday on a Wednesday."

"Yeah." Jonah chuckled. "Kinda shitty but at least now you're 16."

"Yeah." I smiled and pecked his lips.