Ew

"What is going on?!" a familiar voice cried.

What was Brett doing here??

I could feel Eddy's weight nervously shift away from me as he stood. "Um... sorry..." he stammered. As always, he came up with an excuse. "She, um, she's my girlfriend, but she's also one of our editors. We were working on a project downstairs and this shelf fell over and scared her an-" For a moment he stopped. "Wait... are you okay??"
"Are you talking to me?" I croaked. I tried to stand up, but Eddy held me down. "Brett, could you get some ointment? She cut her foot."

I laughed and looked at him in the eyes. "Since when would you care?" 

Brett gave a suspicious eye at Eddy, but left the room to retrieve the item.

After Brett left the room he whispered. "Look, I know I'm a jerk sometimes, and I am not planning to let you out of my basement anytime soon. But I never wanted you to get hurt."
I rolled my eyes. "So all you care is about physical hurt? How about the heartbreak I felt when I realized I'd never see my family again? How about the exhaustion I feel with you making me work so much everyday?"
Honestly, I was more frustrated with this fake show of empathy than if he hurt me and never apologized in the first place. It just made me realize he was more aware of the hurt he was causing me.

At least I thought.

"This might sound dumb but... I never really considered," he sighed. "I never really thought about how it would feel for you to not see your family. As for the videos, I knew you were tired, I was just too focused on my own work to make sure you got a break." He leaned on his hand in frustration. "I am so sorry, I should have been a better person than this."
"If you thought you were a decent person in the first place, then why would you kidnap me and keep me here?" I spat.

Eddy groaned. "I know it was the wrong thing to have kidnapped you, I was just planning to keep you here for a couple of days and then let you go. We've been having a really hard time finding editors and we'd been swamped at the time. But you're just really good at editing, and you're kinda...." He stopped and flushed red.

No. Not this. I knew exactly what this was. Ew. "Kinda what?" I muttered.

"Cute?" His response was more of a question.

Couldn't even word his thoughts nicely. Double ew.

Fortunately Brett cut into the awkwardness. "Alright, so here's the ointment and a bandage. Are you doing alright?"
I nodded. "Yeah."
Eddy was about to put on the ointment and bandage for me, but I snatched it from his hands. No way would I let him do that.

"Anyways, so the filming lamp broke when she fell over," Brett sighed.

Eddy groaned. "Might as well make the best of it and put it in our video for humor."

"Speaking of video, editor-san, would you like to come with us? We're gonna be doing a film at Olaf's."
I laughed. "Editor-san??"

"Sorry I don't know your name," Brett responded.

"It's Alice."

"Oh, nice."
"Yeah, it's a really pretty name," Eddy chimed in, those annoying disgusting heart-like flickers in his eyes.

I wanted to slap his hand, but I fought off the temptation.