Ch-1

"Run Shruti ,run as fast as you can and hide in the mahal. You have to survive for the one who has waited a 1000 years for you, you have to survive for those who sacrificed their all for you." Marco's words kept echoing in my head as I ran gasping with all my might. Blood and rainwater had soaked through my clothes, but I wasn't bothered about it. I slammed open the huge metal gate of the castle and just as I was going to enter the gigantic building, I tripped. I could see the  dreadful creatures approaching me with the bloodlust in their eyes growing with every step they took towards me. I was trembling with horror as I was convinced my life was going to end today.

Hours Before The Accident

There was a soft breeze blowing accompanied by bright sunshine. It was already May but it smelled like spring. Suddenly a large metal door of an old library swung open with a bang amidst the sweet chirping of birds. I entered the library with my anxious eyes constantly searching for a place away from all the people that were constantly staring at me after the chaos  I caused when the stupid door slipped from my hands.

 I was in my usual pair of jeans and white basic t-shirt and black sneakers complimenting it all. Furthermore I had tied my long hair  in a messy bun because of the heat. Oh sorry I almost forgot to introduce myself; my name is Shruti Sharma and I am a 11th grader at 'A' City Highschool. My parents passed away when I was 10 and so all the responsibilities fell upon me well if there were any at the first place.

 As I was in the library so I think its obvious I loved reading more than socializing with a bunch of strangers at a house party.

I slowly walked up to the librarian's desk and said - " Good morning Mrs. Kulkarni , sorry to disturb you but yesterday I asked for a book about myths has the book arrived?" "Yes Shruti but I have never seen a young lady like yourself be interested in a book of myths. I have been working here for 25 years and you are the first" said Mrs. Kulkarni handing over the book to me. "Trust me ma'am I am not like the other kids " I answered in my usual dramatic tone, (well i certainly wasn't lying) and then headed to a quite corner of the library.

Soon a loud voice echoed in the silent room and i immediately knew where this voice came from." Hey, Mrs. Kulkarni  nice to see you here may I ask where can I find Shruti?" "Oh my goodness how can you be so loud it's a library not your home Sasha. Leave it it's no use telling you all of it  as per Shruti  you would probably find her at her usual spot" said Mrs. Kulkarni making her face of disgust.
As Mrs. Kulkarni mentioned before this roaring lioness is my bestfriend Sasha. She is not usually this loud but sometimes when her excitement gets the best of her she does get high on adrenaline. Well, Mrs.Kulkarni doesn't quite fancy her and if you are wondering how I have been putting up with her then in the long run you won't mind either if you live with such a noisy person 24/7

Soon Ms.Loud voice saw me sitting almost at the end of the room and came rushing towards -  "finally here you are! You know I have a good news for you and I am sure after listening to this you would be so happy that you would actually give me a treat in the ice cream parlor near your house." "umm Let me guess did u get a straight A in Physics? or did the guy you were stalking the whole week texted you? or did your ex dump his girl and ask you to kiss him?" I asked from my experience. "uff No bro! Its not about me and bruh if i was I would have gotten a straight A in Phy i wouldn't have been here sitting beside you I would have been dancing with joy," said Sasha almost doing her spaghetti dance. "Anyways its not about me but its the other way around!!  remember there were rumours that our school was planning an educational trip to B city?" "Yes I do" I replied  I shut my book and looked up at her instantly. " What about that trip?!"I asked with anticipation as its rare for are school to take us trips like this. They are those kinds of schools which prefer piling their students with loads of assignments and exams rather than taking them out for a quick holiday." Yes! its happening!!! Its official!! WE ARE ALL GOING!!Consent letters are to be submitted by tomorrow and then on the 16th of November 2022 we'll be leaving for B city!!! " replied Sasha taking my hands in hers and pulling me up on my feet to jump like crazy. 

We both screamed so loud that my vocal chords started hurting at some point but i didn't care because it was the most magnificent news i had received in such a long time. Well I am sure I don't have to explain you readers how tough 11th grade is! Anyways I hope this trip does change my life a bit 'cause I am sure it does need to be spiced up a bit!:)