One

Julia

Plack, plack, plack!

What was that?

Plack, plack, plack!

Whatever that sound is, it better stop right now. I'm trying to sleep, today is just like any other summer vacation day, what date was it again?

Oh no, is it really today? Oh my god, today is my first day at high school! I have to go catch the bus before it leaves without me! I can't be late for my first day of school, that would be a horrible first impression. Good thing I packed my stuff yesterday into my suitcase because I was going to stay in a dorm.

Plack, plack, plack!!!!

Wait, what was that sound, I almost forgot about it. It seemed to be coming from my window.

I quickly ran over to my window to scream at whoever woke me up, but thank them as well because I would have been late for school.

I couldn't believe who I saw at my window, it was Adrian, my arch-enemy since seventh grade. How lucky was that? Adrian was throwing small pebbles at my window to wake me up.

"What are you doing??!!!!" I screamed at him at the top of my lungs. "You interrupted my peaceful sleep! I will never forgive you!!!

"Excuse me? I literally saved you from being late for school. I risked missing the bus to come to check on you because I knew how dumb and forgetful you are. Now you better get your butt down right now so we don't both end up late.

I threw on my clothes that I planned to wear as quickly as I could and rushed to my front door, almost slipping down the staircase twice.

No time for breakfast, my poor stomach. I will repay you later. I thought.

I grabbed my bag and my suitcase and hurried out the door.

"What are you doing here. I'm pretty sure I didn't invite you to come and save me from being late. Eighty percent sure." I said as soon as I stepped out the door.

Outside my door, waiting for me was Adrian. His messy, dark hair, that I definitely didn't find hot, was the same as last year. He was wearing a dark green sweater that complimented his amazing, green eyes with some dark jeans.

"Not even a 'Hello, how are you, my best friend?' or a 'Thanks for saving my life, I love you so much'?" asked Adrian, teasingly in a higher pitch voice.

"Was that supposed to be my voice? And no, was I supposed to be all polite and pretend that you were my idol or something?" I asked.

"Wow Julia, you haven't changed at all," said Adrian.

"Whatever, enough talking, if we miss the bus I'm blaming it on you because you distracted me by being all 'I love you, thank you so much for rescuing me.'"

"Hey that's not fair, you're the one who overslept, and I did save you."

"Shut up," I said before walking off to the bus stop with Adrian hurrying behind me.

Eventually, Adrian caught up. We started walking side by side, struggling to speed walk with all our luggage. We turned the corner and saw the bus coming.

"Quick, run!" I shouted to Adrian.

We started running as fast as we could, which wasn't very fast because of all our heavy possessions. Of course, the bus left two seconds before we got to the stop. I was so angry and annoyed, it wasn't even the bus that annoyed me. It was my best friend, Jenna.

She was staring out the window, sticking her tongue out at me, then when she saw Adrian behind me, she made her "OMG SHIP!!!" face which made me want to kill her.