Chapter six

...V?

The man stood before me was very tall, mint hair long and swept across his forehead, he looked so very pained behind his cool exterior.
Then, I realised that v was here at mint eye in front of me in the gardens.

I stepped back, shocked, not knowing how to react.
"I-why..." Was all I could manage, he placed a hand on my shoulder to reassure me that he wasn't going to do any harm. He smiled slightly.
"I'm sorry it's taken me so long to come to you. I've been here since the start, I come here often..."
My eyes filled with tears. How was I supposed to react? I never imagined this would happen.
"Does everyone know? Why didn't you tell me before?" I started rambling, tears falling down my face.
"Nobody else knows about this place... I cant let them get involved... it's too dangerous, you understand that, don't you?" He asked, his voice pleading for me to understand. I did.
"Yes but... why are you here? How are you here... I don't understand..."

"I've always knew about this place, since when Rika founded it."
Rika?
Rika... his dead fiancée?
Founded mint eye?
"Rika? Your fiancé... is the saviour?" I nearly gasped. How did that make any sense? His fiancé killed herself.
"She...she never really died, she came here instead, she wants to make a paradise to bring those that are weak to salvation. Her twisted perception of salvation."

I sobbed. I just didn't know what to do.
"There is so much you don't know... but I don't have time to tell you now...I'm sorry. Saeran is tracking our calls and texts, so I can only explain in person." He whispered, hesitantly pulling me to his chest. His touch was hardly there, but he was trying to comfort me, so I smiled to show my appreciation.
"Saeran? Who's that?"
"Oh, right, he goes by Ray here, I'm sorry I forgot." He whispered, turning his head to see if anyone else was near. The sun was setting now.

V was a very pretty man, but he carried such a melancholic air with him.
But, Ray's real name was Saeran? I wonder why he hasn't told me...
Saeran.
It's a pretty name.

Saeran.
"V, what happens now?" I asked, not really sure if I wanted the answer. If I had to chose between leaving this place alone with V or staying here with Ray.... there wasn't really a conflict of what I'd choose.

Ray was my sun, my moon and all of my stars.

"I'm not sure yet. Please be patient. Everything will solve itself, I promise you that I won't allow you to be hurt, so trust me and keep faith in the RFA." He whispered into my ear, leaning down so he was certain only I would be able to hear it.
"Okay. But....I can't leave without Saeran." I said curtly, pulling back slightly, not quite enjoying the close contact from someone who wasn't Ray.

He nodded, "I wasn't going to ask that of you, Saeran is very very important to me, he has been since he was a little boy. It's my fault he ended up here, I need to save him, but that's exactly why I can't bring you both home now, it's just too dangerous." He paused, taking a breath between his fast paced whispers, "I'm trying to come up with a plan, but know that you have nothing to worry about while I'm watching over you both."
I nodded, "But if Saeran is someone you've known since he was little won't he listen to you if you tell him you're here to save him?"

V sighed, looking at the ground. "He doesn't trust me. Rika has... she's brainwashed him, he doesn't know any of the truth anymore," He shuffled a little, although he was trying to make himself appear small, "He's even made a whole new persona for himself, 'Ray', Saeran was always shy and sweet by nature but now it seems to come from insecurity and fear."
That made sense. Ray was always so so so anxious and antsy.

"It's getting late, I'll have to leave. Stay here please until Ray comes for you? It'll lessen the suspicion if he finds you alone. I must leave now, you can always phone me if you need to talk, but remember that we're being listened to." V smiled a little at me as he backed away, quickly checking nobody was near the exit of the garden.
"Okay. Thank you, V." I smiled back, hoping it would make him feel a little better.
"Don't thank me, I owe you everything. It's my fault this happened...I shouldn't have accepted you into the RFA."
"I don't think that would've stopped this from happening." It wouldn't have. Rika would've probably found another use for me here.
He said sorry again and told me to be careful before walking into the shade behind the bushes where he couldn't be seen, probably on his way to some secret exit.

I walked back towards the rose bushes, near the little bench where me and Ray had sat for tea before. Well- he brought me tea and I made him share it with me. The fact he hardly ate and slept was evident, he was so very pretty, but he just looked so worn out. He would probably be so nervous when he found me here after dark, I'd feel bad. But I had to listen to what V said, it would be more suspicious if I came in after dark alone, better for Ray to find me myself alone.

I closed my eyes, resting my head on the back of the bench, pulling my knees up to my chest and hugging them. Saeran...

"Mc...mc, wake up please,"
I heard it, but it was muffled and I didn't pay much attention to it, shifting back to sleep again.

"Please, I'm sorry I left you alone for so long, I've been so busy, I'm sorry, please don't be mad at me"
Someone's hand slipped behind my back, and another under my legs, pulling me to my feet.
I rubbed my eyes and looked up to see Ray with tears down his face, cheeks flushed pink.
"Oh, Ray, I'm so sorry, did i worry you?" I asked, wiping his tears away with my thumbs.

"I'm sorry for leaving you for so long, I'm so sorry, please don't hate me, don't leave me please, I'm so sorry," He whined, holding back sobs.
I shook my head, "Ray it's fine, you were working, I'm fine see? I was just enjoying the garden so much I fell asleep, it's so relaxing here."

"You're so perfect, I don't deserve you, I don't deserve to be near you, I don't deserve to even speak to you," He rambled on, crying more.
"Ray please stop, what you're saying isn't true. You're the only thing that makes me happy here."
"Please don't say that... the saviour will make you get cleansed...I don't want that to happen, it hurts so bad, and it would be all my fault..."

"Ray please calm down. Let's go inside, come to my room with me, please?" I pleaded, interlocking our fingers. He looked embarrassed as he finished wiping his tears away, nodding a little bit as he trailed behind me. We got to the main corridor and he feigned confidence as he often did in front of the believers, taking the lead as he walked me to my bedroom.

"Are you sure it's okay for me to come inside? I know you just feel pity for me...you don't have to...I don't deserve it,"
"Ray please, I want you to. I love being with you." I had to stop myself from crying, opening my door and practically dragging him inside.