Chapter seven

Just as I closed my bedroom door my phone rang from beside my bed, signalling a new messenger was open. I picked it up, it was V and seven, I didn't have time to read the messages before Ray spoke from behind me.
"Could I make an extremely selfish request? I know I'm not worthy of it...you can punish me for asking," His voice was barely audible, his face turned towards the ground.

"Don't be silly, you can ask me anything you ever want to ask, what is it Ray?" I cooed, smiling gently. He took a step towards me, hands fiddling at his chest, "Would you please not talk to them in front of me? It makes me feel...bad..." he followed it up with a sheepish "I'm sorry,"
I giggled. He was cute when he was jealous.
"Of course, but I meant to tell you," I placed my phone back down, "V has asked for there to be another party hosted."
I felt a lot better telling Ray now, V knew that he'd been reading all of the messages so it was fine for me to openly talk about it without feeling like I was betraying the RFA.

"Oh?" Ray asked, his eyes perking up. The last party we had was only two months ago, and they usually only happened once or twice a year.
When I went to the last party, Ray was so nervous.
I was going to wear a white dress gifted to me by the saviour but when Ray saw me in it he started to cry, saying he didn't want the people at the party to see so much of me so I had to change into a longer black dress, and the entirety of the party Ray was messaging me asking for updates and wanting to know where I was with who and if I was okay and more and more and more. It was quite annoying, but I felt bad for him and calmed him down and reassured him. I hoped this party wouldn't be the same.

"It would be a good opportunity for me to learn new information, they're more likely to trust me if I'm there in person." I mumbled knowing that it was an excuse, I wanted to help V save Ray, but I also just really missed my friends. It was so awful staying here. If Ray wasn't here then I would've already...

"Please," His voice was little above a whisper, trembling, "Can we not talk about them? It hurts me a lot..."
It hurts him... he admitted it. Ray always tried to pretend he was angry, hatred in his heart for the RFA, but really he was just hurt. Betrayed. Abandoned... or at least, he thought he was.

"I'm sorry Ray, it's okay." I reassured him, walking to him and place a hand cautiously on his shoulder.
He jumped a little, but leaned into my touch, eyes watering. I lifted my hand to his cheek, watching as he pushed his head like a cat would, trying to get more skin to skin contact. He was truly touch starved. He was already blushing like mad, it made my stomach flutter a little. He was so cute.

"Ray, you still haven't slept have you?" I asked tentatively, my thumb stroking his cheek. He shook his head a little, eyes drifting down to the floor.
"Then will you do me a favour?" I asked, smiling back at him. He nodded feverishly, "anything for you, my princess."

I walked backwards towards the bed, pulling him with me gently. I sat down, laying back and putting my arms out towards him with a grin, "Lay with me?" I laughed a little, i was secretly nervous he would say no.
He turned redder but nodded his head, sitting on the edge of the bed and pulling his shoes off.
"That too!" I said, pointing at his purple blazer. He did so, folding it to sit atop his shoes.

He laid beside me, rather awkwardly, stiff on his back with his arms crossed defensively across his chest, lips wiry and eyes half closed from what I could only assume to be nervousness.
"Would you hug me?" I whispered, hoping I said it loud enough for him to hear.
He nodded but didn't move. I laughed quite loudly, he was so awkward!

I turned to lay facing him and pulled him towards me so that he was facing me too, close to my chest. He looked up at me, eyes brimming with tears.
"Ray, you don't have to hug me, you know?" I whispered, tucking a piece of his hair behind his ear. He shook his head, "I want to, a lot, really, but I don't think I deserve to..." he mumbled, becoming desperate looking.

"I don't deserve this! I don't deserve to even speak, or move, I don't deserve to give my opinion, I don't deserve to hold a princess like you close to my chest, I deserve to work all day and night and be silent like a grave! I-"

At some point during his rambling I decided enough was enough, I only knew one way to make sure he was quiet, and to get my point across that he does deserve this and that I want him so badly, in every sense of the phrase.

So I leaned my head down, a hand on his cheek, thumb stroking him, and pressed my lips gently to his own. Finally. My lips tingled, my face tingled, my whole body tingled. He was so soft. I felt electric, like the static between us was sure to start a spark when I pulled away. He made a little noise when I kissed him, something of a desperate whimper. He stayed still though, until I pulled away to look in his eyes.

He was beet red, a look of confusion on his face. He suddenly moved forwards, burying his face into my chest and wrapping his arms around me, pulling himself as close to me as he could get. He was shaking. "What was that? Was it a punishment? So then why did it feel so...." He whispered against me. I giggled a little, wrapping my arms around him and kissing his forehead.

"It's called a kiss, people do it when they love each other."

"Love? Oh... I'm starting to feel weird." His voice came out high pitched and nervous, he squirmed against me but showed no sign of pulling away from me. I stroked his back with one hand and played with his hair in the other, placing another kiss to his forehead.
"It's okay Ray, will you have a little nap for me? It'll help you think things through." I whispered, it had been my goal to get him to sleep since the start.
He nodded without question, looking up with nervous eyes, "Will you sleep with me?" He asked, face flush and eyes pleading.

Aha. He obviously didn't know what it sounded like he was asking, but I still let a sly grin out.

"Of course, lets nap together, cutie." I kissed his nose and watched him squirm, a wry smile spreading on his face. He hugged back into me and soon fell asleep.

"Ray... I hope you tell me your real name soon." I whispered as he slept before closing my own eyes.