13

Camila's jaw actually drops when Lauren knocks on her front door the night of the awards dinner, eyes tracing across Lauren's body, encased in a perfectly-tailored pantsuit, and Lauren smiles smugly at the dazed look on her face when she meets Lauren's gaze.

"You look..." She trails off and bites her lip, and then she steps closer and reaches for Lauren's hips, tugging her inside her apartment and pressing her back against the wall. "Amazing," she breathes against Lauren's lips, and then she kisses her, hot and desperate, Lauren trapped between cool plaster and the heat of Camila's body, solid against her front.

Camila doesn't look so bad herself – the black dress is stunning, and there's a slit on the thigh that Lauren's fingers find, greedily running up and over the bare skin and making Camila shudder against her.

They've stolen hasty kisses in the few quiet moments they've managed to snatch alone together over the past few days, Camila occasionally popping into her office or Lauren sneaking into her studio after Leo had gone to bed, but they'd yet to spend another night together since Sofi's Halloween party, and Lauren's been looking forward to this night ever since.

The party had been a resounding success and Lauren had been relieved that Sofi and Leo got along so well and that she hadn't managed to spectacularly mess up and alienate Camila's sister or her friends.

All in all, aside from the lack of time they've managed to spend together, things are going swimmingly, and Lauren can barely believe her luck.

"God, you're so hot," Camila whispers into her ear when their lips part and Lauren's breathing is ragged, chest rising and falling rapidly as she tries to catch her breath, dizzy from the force of Camila's kisses. "You should dress like this more often." She runs her hands over Lauren's hips and down, squeezing her and ass and making her groan. "Remind me again," Camila continues, tracing a lewd path from Lauren's ear and down her neck with lips and tongue, "why we can't just skip the party and stay here tonight, instead?"

"Because I'm getting an award," Lauren reminds her, breath catching when Camila's teeth graze her skin. "And I'm expected to be there to pick it up. Without a hickey," she cautions when Camila bites harder, and she immediately eases up on the pressure, soothing the sting with the hot press of her tongue. "We won't be there for long. We'll eat, I'll make a speech, and then I'll bring you home and make you scream my name." Camila groans against her skin, her next open-mouthed kiss falling on Lauren's collarbone.

"What's the award?" Camila's tongue runs along the dip of her collarbone, and Lauren's knees nearly buckle, head falling back against the wall behind her – the door is still open, and anyone could walk past, but with Camila's mouth on her and her body pinning in her place, Lauren doesn't care.

Camila is a goddess, and tonight is Lauren's opportunity to show her off.

"I've been voted the most powerful woman in Miami." She's smug, and proud because she'd worked hard to get to where she is today and she wants the whole damn world to know it.

"Hot," Camila breathes against her skin, nails digging into the skin of her ass, and Lauren moans as Camila's thigh slips between her legs, and then she pauses, lifting her head from Lauren's neck and tracing a questioning finger across Lauren's thigh and then over the previously unnoticed bulge in her pants. "Is that..."

"I told you that I'd make tonight worth your while." Lauren's smirk is wicked and Camila licks her lips and darts forward to kiss her again, hot and hard and it leaves her ruined, knees weak and shaky.

"You're not really making a very good case for getting me to leave this apartment," Camila says when she pulls back, pupils blown wide and eyes dark with desire, the words breathed against Lauren's lips. "Because now I just want to get Miami's most powerful woman out of those clothes and let her fuck me until I can't walk straight."