Chapter 29: A Wine Affair

I thought that I would wake up to birds chirping and maybe the smell of bacon but that's not quite how it happened. I was the last one up and instead of politely waking me the guys thought it would be funny to blast an air horn in the tent. I'm one for practical jokes and all but they're significantly less funny when you're the victim. I woke up in a frenzy, startled and scared, still thinking I was asleep.

"You should have seen the look on your face man," Nico said, "Oh wait I recorded the whole thing and have it right here!"

To make matters worse the guys had spilled water on my crotch and strategically filmed only my upper body until I stood up. So basically they had a video of me peeing my pants. This time I didn't even fight them, it was on Twitter within minutes. The last video had blown up, not quite viral but close, so maybe this one would help the crews Twitter following.

"What time is it, I feel like we just went to bed," I complained as the makings of a headache started to set in.

"It's 9:15, I have to drop you guys off and be ready for church at 11:30" Jason explained.

We packed up camp in 15 minutes, said sorry to the tree that we had abused the previous night, and were on our way. The hour trip back seemed longer than the trip there, probably because we rode in sleepy silence. We were slightly concerned about our safety, I think that Jason was still riding a buzz from last night. However, nobody else was well enough to take his place so we buckled up and hoped for the best.

Luckily we made it back to our cars safely and went our separate ways, saying our goodbyes. It was only 10:20 in the morning but my car was already a human-sized oven. I opened the door and was greeted by a rush of hot sticky air. I toughed it out and got in, cranking up the AC to the max. I sat in the car for a while as the air morphed from blisteringly hot to uncomfortably cold. Gotta love this Floridian weather I muttered to myself.

I sat there groaning for a while mentally thinking of what I was going to do today. All my friends were either tied up with their family and church or had to work. My body was beat, the last three days had been eventful and I was due for a chill day. After some quick research, I decided to hit the beach. I had found a bookstore where I could pick up some reading material for the afternoon. There was even supposed to be a food truck competition or something by the beach in a few hours. My day was planned, now it was time to execute.

Lola had to work again today but said her parents were gone and I could stop by and shower. I hadn't seen her in a day and a half and was kind of missing her but it looked like I would have to wait a little while longer. I arrived at her house and entered through the unlocked backdoor. I hopped downstairs and got the shower going. After picking out my clothes I got in the already warm shower and washed off all of the grease from the previous day.

I got out of the shower feeling clean for the first time in many, many hours. I threw on a towel and made my way upstairs. I was sifting through the fridge looking for some OJ when I got a surprise. From behind the fridge, Lola's mom emerged wearing very little clothing herself. A silk robe was draped over her body and by the way she hugged herself there was nothing else on underneath. I don't know who was more surprised to see who. We stood there for what seemed like forever, both speechless and embarrassed. She broke the silence.

"L-Lu-Luke what are you doing here?" she stammered.

"Oh, uh, I, Lola said I could wash up and that nobody was home, I'm sorry this is completely inappropriate," I said, my cheeks bright red. I was struggling to make eye contact.

"Oh no worries, I got the day off so I'm just hanging around the house, and treating myself. I've already had a couple of glasses of wine, would you like one?" She asked as she helped herself to another generous pour.