Chapter IV

"Elijah, I didn't expect to see you on this side of the river," Marcel spoke walking towards Elijah.

"Yes, well I have some business to attend to and I have someone who wanted to see you," Elijah gestured to Charley, she walked from behind the building smiling when Marcel's eyes lit up happily.

"No way! Charlotte, it's been so long!" He laughed pulling her into a hug.

It was the day after fighting for and getting the moonlight rings back as well as the kiss. Hayley and Klaus were down in the bayou trying to locate any of her pack members that were still alive. Elijah and Charley came over this way to try and persuade Marcel to help us.

"What brought you back to town?" He asked, pulling away from the hug, Marcel and Charley used to be close. He'd come around just as a boy and she took over a sisterly role for him. She was sure it had been about 75 years now that she hadn't seen him.

"Well, I was asked to come down and help out with the old Mikaelson family drama," Charley shrugged casually, in all honesty she was happy to be back down here, her life was quite boring without them.

"I didn't expect you to be assembling a vampire community," Elijah spoke up before Marcel could respond.

"Well, my community was fine until Klaus had the brilliant idea to make moonlight rights, now that harvest girl is making more," Marcel sneered and Charley realized the drama between Klaus and Marcel still hadn't been settled over all of these years.

"Let me guess, offering them to the wolves for their allegiances?" She asked, Marcel nodding in confirmation.

"The wolves are just kneeling at her feet. The Quarter's become a dangerous place. And you, well I guess you and Charley, are the only true vampires left. If you ask me, you're better off joining my community. Maybe that's why you're here?" Marcel had a leering smile and she fought the urge to roll her eyes at his antics.

"Mm-mm. We came to make you an offer. Find us the white oak stake and I'll let this little social experiment continue," Elijah offered, Marcel watching him for a moment, looking briefly at Charley then back at Elijah.

"Even if I wanted to help, I don't have a clue where it is,"

"Yes, but you do have an ally in Davina. She can find it. Thing is I'd speak to her myself but I'd feel the conversation might become a little unpleasant," Elijah answered him. Charley watched a brief flash of anger in Marcel's eyes, Elijah had told her that Marcel was close with the young witch.

"You don't go anywhere near her," Marcel growled protectively.

"Hey, we won't, you know me I wouldn't let the girl get hurt. Is it settled, you'll help us?" Charley asked, stepping forward and resting her hand on his shoulder. Marcel pulled his eyes away from Elijah to look at her giving his friend a short nod.

"Great. You'll deal with the matter personally, do come find us when you do we'll be here," Elijah turned, walking away.

"Thank you, Marcel," She gave him a small smile leaning over to kiss his cheek. No doubt he was only helping them because he would want something in return later but he still could have said no.

"So, about last night," Elijah started as Charley followed him in an alleyway between two brick buildings.

"'Lijah you don't have to-"

"I do have to, Charlotte," Elijah stopped her, backing her into the wall. Her big eyes looking up at him as her heart started pounding in her chest, he smirked at the effect it had on her but it fell almost instantly.