Chapter V

"Hayley, mind if I tag along? The boys asked me to be scarce when Esther got here, and I have nothing else to do," Charley stood up from the stairs as Hayley was leaving from the dining room, she'd completely healed from the previous night's injuries, Elijah practically forcing her to stay in her room all day until she had her full strength back.

"Sure, I could use some company. A member of my pack let me know the witch who needs to do the spell on Esther is being held in the cemetery. We've gotta go get her so she can do the spell for us," Charley nodded following her to the car, the ride to the cemetery was spent mostly in silence.

"Oliver?" Hayley called out as they walked into one of the tombs.

"They worked her over pretty good," The blonde headed man, Oliver, answered. Charley walked over to Lenore lifting her head up gently checking over her wounds.

"We need to get her out of here," She looked over her shoulder at Hayley breaking one of the chains and helping the woman lean against the wall.

"And then what? They'll know that I let her go," Oliver asked nervously. "Look, you asked me to infiltrate Cassie's coven. I'm not gonna blow my cover for some has-been hippie witch. No offense."

"I guess we could always make it look like you got jumped. Tell Cassie that Lenore got rescued by her people," Hayley offered, Charley caught her eye nodding in agreement to her plan.

"Let me guess, you, uh, wanna beat the hell outta me?" He asked, resting his hands on his hips and Charley rolled her eyes.

"Well I can't say I wouldn't enjoy it," Hayley retorted.

"Oh, come on, man up," Charley laughed, breaking Lenore's other chain, wrapping her arm around the witch and helping her to sit. She found it quite amusing watching Hayley beat this wolf, she obviously had some pent up aggression towards him.

"So, What are you two doing in this mess? Neither of you are Mikaelson's," Lenore asked, standing up looking between the two girls.

"Well she sort of is in spirit and me, well, I'm just here for a good time," Charley offered, surprised to see Hayley smile at her answer.

"The werewolf mother?" Lenore asked, turning her attention to Hayley this time.

"In the flesh. Listen, can we do the spell or not?" Hayley questioned, they didn't know how much time they had so they needed to get this done as soon as possible.

"After what that bitch and her footman did to me, I'll do any spell you want," She answered, turning and walking towards the opening of the tomb.

Hayley and Charley both followed her, grabbing the bag that held the python and got into her car. The drive to Lenore's shop was also quiet. Charley wondered how long this would take and how Elijah was doing at this dinner. As they parked at the shop she pulled out her phone bringing up Elijah's messages.

To: Elijah
From: Charlotte

We've got Lenore. Is everything good over there?

She hit send shoving her phone back in her pocket before getting out of the car and following the other two women inside.

"So, will this take long?" Charley asked walking to the back of the store through the beaded door curtain. Hayley was standing off to the side while Lenore was already starting to gather the supplies she needed.

"You want me to soul brand the resurrected spirit of a thousand-year-old witch. It's best I take my time and do it right," Lenore answers, taking the bag with the python in it.