Pt 4

Karkat Vantas

I swear... this guy...

I ran into him 4 times in the supermarket. In two separate isles nexts to each other. We took our items. Through the shelf we locked eyes. I told him to stay on the other side of the store. He does. 4 minutes later I went to switch. I bumped into him on the way to the other side. I need to watch where I'm going. Then after a few minutes I was reaching for the top shelf. Couldn't get it. Decided to climb the shelf. Fell. He caught me and got the food. Great.... he didn't even have to reach that far to get it. Then the fourth time. We met in  an isle. I threw bread at him because he said he'd stay away.... the jackass caught it with one hand. And smirked. Said nothing. I continued shopping with no more interruptions. Checked out.

Now I'm on my way to work. It's not that far. I think.... after a few blocks I make it... what is up with this dude..? He's standing at the door already. Whistling to himself. I open the door completely discarding his existence. When I walk in there's a bouquet and a box of chocolates on the bar counter... chocolates. Does he even understand the chocolate law? I march over to the counter and pick up the chocolates. I wave the box in the air.

"ARE YOU AWARE THAT TROLLS AREN'T ALLOWED TO HAVE CHOCOLATES IN A PUBLIC ENVIRONMENT?" I lean on one hip and glare daggers at his shades. He's still smirking. Totally unfazed. He leans on the wall. 

"Why's that?" He seriously doesn't know? What a dumbfuck.

"WHEN TROLLS TASTE CHOCOLATE THEY BECOME ADDICTED FOR AN HOUR OR SO. SEARCHING FOR MORE OF IT. WITHOUT STOPPING TO CONSIDER. THEY'VE BROKEN INTO STORES STEALING CHOCOLATE AND EATING IT." 

"Hmmm. Interesting. I'll keep that in mind. I can take those back if you don't want them." He holds out his hand. I hug the box of chocolates and hiss at him. He puts his hand back in his pockets and shrugs.

"I-I MEAN... I'LL EAT THEM AT HOME..." I blush. I can almost imagine the chocolates... No!!

"Can I have one?" Dave asks. 

"WHA NO! THIS IS MY GIFT!!"

"But who gave you the gift?"

"JE-SUS" I snap.

"Are you Cristian?" He asks.

"...NO.... FINE." I hand him the box and look away. I can't look at the chocolates... he hands the closed box back to me. I nod and place it back on the counter.

"SO... DO YOU WANT SOMETHING TO DRINK? ITS ON ME CAUSE NOBODY ELSE IS HERE." I go behind the counter.

"Nah. I'm good. Let's just talk. Wanna get to know you." Dave walks over and sits on a bar stool. 

"UHH... OKA-."

"Favorite color, Favorite food, favorite movie, Birthday,  favorite song, favorite band, hobbies, etc..."

"UH... RED... PANCAKES... TITANIC... JUNE 12... DEAD AT DAWN... STRILO-..." I cut myself silent... Dave's eyebrows raise behind his shades. (Death at Dawn is meant to be a Strilonde song)

"So you're a fanboy." He smirks.

"SO YOU'RE A DIPSHIT." I cross my arms and lean back on the counter across from Dave.

"Well played Karkles."

"KARKAT."

"Kitkat."

"DAVID." 

"Karkat it is." He smirks. I can feel his eyes look me up and down.

"Sooo what's with the outfit?"

"I NEED TO GO SHOPPING FOR CLOTHES SOON..." I look out the window behind him.

"Hey uhh... want to go to my place?" He offers. Huh?!

"WAIT WHAT?" He lives here?! He has a house here?! Why me?! I'm useless.

"Do you. Karkl-Karkat. Want to go to my house and hang out?"

"I UH. SURE. YOU HAVE A HOUSE HERE?! I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS!" I blush. He wants to invite me over. Omfg...

"Yeah. I grew up here. It's about 25 minutes away. Think you can keep yourself from falling for me for that long?" He says. I-.... ughhh. I roll my eyes. 

"YEAH YEAH WHATEVER FUELS YOUR EGO." 

"Great! There's a party at my place around 10pm. You willing to stick around till then?"

"WE'LL SEE." I shrug. Dave gets up. I grab the bouquet of flowers and chocolates. We exit the cafe. I lock the doors. Then we enter his car. I place my stuff in the back and sit in shotgun. Dave gets in drivers. Oh my god... here I go..