Preface

A/N

To begin, I'm going to provide context for the scenes this book with contain. The characters and scenarios will all be part of a bigger story at some point, so here I will explain the plot of the other all story, and explain relations and personalities of each character. I hope this part isn't too boring.

Overview
World War III has begun in the year 2038. Nuclear weapons, both in the form of your typical atomic bombs and in smaller handheld forms, have became commonplace. The eastern European countries have suffered heavily. Ukraine is evacuated in the beginning of the war and many of it's cities take on heavy nuclear damage.

The major nations of the world, i.e. Russia, the United States, China, etc., have created a program used to test human tolerance to radiation exposure, and hopefully aim to restore and repopulate Ukraine. One young adult or child, ages ranging from 10 to 30, is chosen from each UN nation. These participants are then sent to an abandoned, radiated city in the heart of the Ukrainian warzone to test their tolerance and hopefully rebuild the city. The project is nicknamed Operation A-bomb.

Main Characters
(F)-female
(M)-male

Luiza Volkov(f)- A hardened First Lieutenant from Khožka(a country I created for this story; A military oriented Slavic country located north of Russia.)
Bianca Dela Rosa(f)- A bubbly military nurse from the (also fictional) nation of Piccola, an island nation located between the boot of Italy and Greece.
Mykhaila Kovalenko(m)- A Ukrainian writer and refugee now living in Khožka and in a relationship with Luiza.
Clio Aetósakis(f)- A sarcastic radio host from a Greek island. Engaged to Bianca.

Side Characters
Aine O'caine(f)- A sheltered med student from rural Ireland
Peter Hearn(m)- An unstable soldier from northern Canada
Raphael Acord(m)- A poor kid from the coast of France
Rosemary Schneider(f)- A soft spoken kid from the tiny country of Liechtenstein.

        The next part will include appearances and a few more details about my main 4 characters.

~Lyllie