The day Roman didnt get their mark

Roman woke up, jittering with excitement. They always woke up before Remus. They grabbed a new pair of clothes, rushing to the bathroom. They knew that they weren't getting the mark until later that night but that stopped nothing. So they decided that they would try and make the day pass as fast as possible. Roman fixed their hair, turning towards the door. They left the room with a smile on their face.

They were finally on the way to the school. They already had a few happy birthdays and what's your marks. They thanked people and said that they weren't sure. They loved this day so much already. And when they got home later, they could start searching for their soulmate. As a young child, they had loved pretending to save princess' and princes. Remus has always been the evil they had to vanquish. They missed those days. The two siblings weren't as close anymore. The bus had a sudden jolt, everyone began getting off seeming as they were at the high school. Roman tried to say bye to their brother but was stopped by the crowd pushing them down the hall. They managed to get into homeroom without being killed. They sat at their normal seat, waiting for actual classes to start. Their phone suddenly vibrated. They looked at it in confusion, it was Remus.

This is Mr mike, Remus wants to make sure your okay

Romans eyes widened, what happened?

Tell him I'm perfectly healthy and that I love him.

They sent the text, seemingly happy with it. They hoped Remus was okay, they knew that their thoughts could get out of hand sometimes.

Roman dragged themself to their last class. They thought about skipping, but realized that it was the class they were failing. So they refrained from it. They slumped into their seat, pulling out a notebook for notes.

They bus was too quiet. Remus and them weren't even talking. Roman looked to Remus, noticing that he had something black on his face.

"Rem, you have something on your face" they said. Remus looked over in confusion. Roman pointed at their own cheek, signaling that was where that something was. Remus wiped his check. Romans eyes widened, realization hitting them like a bag of bricks.

"Re, it's you mark!" Roman giggled happily. Remus smiled.

"Wait until we get home for yours!" Remus said.

When they arrived. They found that Remus actually had two marks. They both we're ecstatic. Roman threw themself into the bathroom, looking for theirs. They pulled down both selves, however, they found nothing. They then pulled down their collar, once more showing nothing. They had even took all their clothes off, looking for something, anything. They had nothing. Tears dampened their face. They redressed, wiping away the tears. They had to be strong.  They left the bathroom, finding their mother, hugging and congratulating Remus. They already couldn't take it. They fell, sobbing.

"It's not fair!" They said harshly. Both Remus and their mother came over.

"What's wrong? RoRo?" Remus asked.

"I don't have anything" they sobbed into their brothers chest. Remus was shocked, he held them tightly.

"That's okay, mom and dad didn't either, and look! They're okay right?" Roman nodded slowly. Still extremely upset. How come Remus got two? Did the universe hate them? These thoughts spiraled. They weren't even aware that Remus had taken them to their bed. They grabbed onto a pillow, hugging it close. They hated this, they hated this so much.