Chapter one

'Lauren what are you doing?' my colleague asked when I wasn't paying attention to my work. 'Sorry I was just daydreaming' I said with a small smile on my face. My colleague Sarah was a short girl, with long brown straight hair. We worked together for five years so we also became best friends. She helped me with everything when I first came to London. I was born in the Netherlands and when I turned twenty I found myself a job in London. It wasn't that easy to find a job here, so I worked in a supermarket as an assistant manager. I was trying to get a job as a graphic designer because that was where I got a degree in, but the competition was very hard here. So this job was the only way that I could still be in London and didn't have to move back in with my parents in Holland.

'I could see that you were daydreaming again,' Sarah continued 'were you dreaming about a prince charming' she teased me. We always said that we just needed a guy that was serious and didn't want us just for the pleasure. 'I wish,' I said back to her and we went back to work.

When we had our break together we sat in the canteen and I got my yogurt with some blueberries. 'So what are you up to this weekend?' I asked Sarah. 'A couple of friends and I are going to go out tonight, you should definitely come!' She said. 'I know you haven't been out in a long time, so I won't take a no for an answer" she continued. 'Well I just wanted to go home and relax, read a book, drink some wine' I said. 'No you need to get that gorgeous body of yours outside, it's a Friday night you can't stay at home' she argued. 'Okay if I go with you, do you promise that we are just going for a drink and not let it go out of control' I said already regretting my decision. 'Yes of course,' she said with her mischievous smile.

After work, I went to the underground and took the metro back home. I worked near Leicester Square and I lived in Camden, so it didn't take so long. I always liked taking the metro, because I could watch all the people around me and makeup stories about their lives. When I got out of the metro and went outside the sun was just going under, so there was this golden shine all over the city, gosh what was I in love with this city. I walked a few blocks from the metro station and was looking for my keys to enter my apartment. I lived in an apartment by myself. When I first moved to London I had a roommate, but she left to live with her boyfriend. It was nice to have an apartment all by myself, but it was also expensive. When I get inside, I go straight to the kitchen and cook some pasta pesto, it's my favorite dish. When I was done cooking I watch some tv while eating. In these moments I always missed someone, dining together, telling someone about your day. But I hadn't had a boyfriend since I moved to London. It wasn't that I didn't want to have a boyfriend, but I was so focused on getting a job and keeping a job, that I didn't really look around for one.

When I finished eating I hopped in the shower with some music on. It was the top 40 and I sang along and danced a little bit. After the shower, I put a towel around me and went to my bedroom. What was I going to wear tonight? I wasn't a petite girl, but I also wasn't a large girl. I wasn't that confident, but I didn't hate my body. Finally, I settled on a black see-through dress that had a red body underneath. So now it was ready for my make-up and hair. I always had sensitive skin but it got better over the years. I did a smokey eye with my new pallets from urban decay. I choose pink colors so that my brown eyes popped. For my hair I just put mousse in it, I have wavy/curly hair that is just a bit over my shoulder. I take one final look in the mirror and put my black boots on, took my leather jacket and I was ready for tonight.

Author's note: Hey guys! This is my first fan fiction I've written, so I hope you guys like it!I know this chapter is a bit lame, but I want you guys to get fully in Lauren life and get to know her :)