Chapter three

After the song finished we went back to our seats.

"You girls were amazing" Lucas said "this drink is on me, Lauren will you do a solo tonight? We added some new songs to the playlist" he asked.

I looked around and it was still crowded, but the alcohol gave me a boost.

"Okay alright then" I said and stood up so I could see the new songs. I saw that he had Someone You Loved by Lewis Capaldi, and I immediately knew I had to sing that song. I loved that song so much and that song meant so much to me.

"Omg you have Someone You Loved," I said getting excited.

"Yes I knew you would like that song, but maybe you can play the piano by yourself, instead of singing to the recording. If you know how to play that song" Lucas suggested.

Well, I must have had enough alcohol because normally I won't agree to that, I was too insecure about my singing skills. Lucas saw me hesitate "Lauren I know you can do it, you have such a beautiful voice, and everyone in here is drunk, so they won't even pay attention" he continued.

"Okay I'll do it," I said.

Lucas got on the stage and made sure everything was in place. "Hello everyone, are you guys having a good time," he asked the crowd. The crowd cheered and I began feeling nervous, my hands shaking a little bit.

"So the next performer will do an acoustic song for you guys, give it up for Lauren," Lucas said and clapped with the crowd as he got off the stage. He gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"You can do it," he said in my ear and walked back to the bar.

I walked toward the stage and heard Luna, Helen and Sarah cheer me on. I smiled and they gave me a little more courage. I sat behind the piano and looked around me. I couldn't see that many people. I saw my friends and a group of young men that were talking to each other and didn't give me any attention.

I started playing the first chords and when I sang the first line my friends began cheering again. I tried not to look in the audience, in case someone wasn't liking it. I felt someone looking at me and I couldn't resist checking if I was right, so I looked back up at the boys that were talking to each other a few minutes ago. I was right a guy was looking me right in the eyes and smiled a little bit. I couldn't see his features because of the lights on the stage, but it seems that he had brown hair and blue eyes. I looked back at the keys and got lost in the song. When I got to the end and sang 'I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved' I looked up again and looked the guy straight in the eyes. After I played the last note everyone started clapping. The guy I look at has two fingers in his mouth making a loud whistling sound. I felt myself blush and got up quickly to get back to my friends.

"You are a talent," my friends said and they all hugged me. "Let me get us all drinks," I said and I walked to the bar.

"You were amazing Lauren, just as I expected," Lucas said.

"Thank you, can I get four Jack's with coke please," I said smiling, it felt great singing in front of the crowd. It always gave me a rush.

"Here you go," Lucas said.

When I turned around I almost bumped into someone.

"Oh sorry," I said and looked up to see who it was. It was the guy who looked at me during my performance.

"No I'm sorry," he said with a smile "You were great out there" he continued pointing at the stage.

"Thank you," I said feeling myself blush and I looked better at him "don't I know you from somewhere," I asked getting embarrassed by just asking a stranger that.

He was a very handsome guy, with brown hair and the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen. Before he could answer my question my friends yelled at me "Hurry up with the drinks, we are thirsty" they said.

"I'm coming," I said and gave the stranger an apologetic shrug and walked to my friends.

After we finished our drinks I felt myself getting drunk, I stood up and had to grab the table so I wouldn't fall. I giggled and that's when I knew it was my cue to leave.

"Girls, I'm sorry but I'm going home" I announce my words slurry.

"Noooo, why, please just stay, we're having so much fun".

"I'm sorry guys, I loved going out with you guys again, but I'm a bit drunk, so I have to go home," I said hoping that they would understand.

"Let me take you to the cab at least," Sarah said, not wanting me to go home alone.

"I already texted for one, and it is still crowded outside so no one will kidnap me" I winked. "My cab will pick me up at the main street".

"Okay but please text me when you get home," Sarah told me and they all gave me a hug.
"Have fun tonight!" I waved them goodbye and walked towards the exit.

Author's note: Hey guys! Hope you like it so far! What do you think is going to happen next? Let me know what you think. Please follow me and vote :)