Hey... new kid?

She had a sculpted figure which was twine-thin. Her waist was tapered. She had a light brown skin which glistened beautifully. A pair of arched eyebrows looked down on sweeping eyelashes. Her delicate ears framed a button nose.  Her eyes were chestnut brown, simple and elegant. She had an alluring heart-shaped puffy pink lips and long dark natural hair neatly packed up to the back. 

  She must be an angel. Is she real? God! she's beautiful!

Hakeem wandered off.      "Hello?" her voice echoed softly as she snapped her fingers to get his attention. 

"Yes?" He replied briskly, jolting back to reality.

"Are you okay? Cause you
seemed absent for a second."    

Something about her made Hakeem's heart beat faster but in a sensational way  "No I'm fine, I'm actually a new student here."    
Jeez did I just say that with a fake british accent?

"Okay, what grade are you in?" She asked.

"I'm in ss3." 

"Okay, that's my class. Follow me." She said as she walked towards the school building. Hakeem smiled softly as he followed her. 

       Getting to the classroom, he stopped  near the door and looked around to observe his new space of learning. It was spacious and well ventilated with big windows, the sun gleaming rays brighten up the room. Rows piled upon rows of exquisitely arranged  desks and chairs,  map of the world at the back wall of the classroom, a shelf which displayed some books at one corner and a smart board in front of the room. It was simply beautiful and conducive.

    "Pick a sit new kid." She said with no emotions in her voice. 

Hakeem smiled softly then replied. "I have a name you know." 

"What's your name?" She said returning the smile.

"Hakeem." He paused, then continued.  "Hakeem Khalil." He reached out for a handshake.

"My name is Sophia Maurice." She reached out to receive his held out hand. "You have a nice name Hakeem but I still prefer calling you new kid."
Both let out a soft laugh then separated hands. 

"What's going on outside with the other students?" Hakeem asked.

"The school is currently renovating the auditorium so all students are to meet outside briefly for the assembly." She replied.  

"Why didn't we wait then?"  

"Well, one, it's boring and two, its already over. Students would be returning to their classes soon." She didn't complete her sentence before students started flooding into the classroom. She quickly went to her sit while everyone settled on theirs as well. 

    The first teacher came into the class. It was the mathematics teacher.  "Good morning kids, settle down and let's start for today." She said whilst scanning the room to see if everyone is present.  "Before we get on with our day's activity, we have a new student joining us this morning. Would you please introduce yourself?"  She pointed towards Hakeem who stood up, "my name is Hakeem Khalil." 
"Alright Hakeem you may have your sit." She said with a smile.

    Soon the first class was over and the maths teacher left the classroom. The boy who sat next to Hakeem reached out to start a conversation with him. "Hello, Hakeem, my name is Owen Zahair, nice to have you join our school." He was tall, dark, small eyes and had a nubian nose and a friendly smile that exposed his dimples.

"Nice meeting you, Owen. 

"So how do you find the school so far? He asked, still retaining the smile on his face.

"It's really big and beautiful. Hakeem replied. 

  "I'm sure you'd love it here.  Do you play any sport or are you into any extra curricular activities?" Owen asked.

"Hakeem hesitated for a second before replying. "I played football at my former school."

The smile on Owen's face brightened as he said, "wow that's awesome cause we are like very good!"  He expressed, with pride in his voice.
Hakeem was interested in learning more about the football team but didn't show it.    
"That's nice." He replied. 

"Our captain is in this class also."

He was interested in knowing who that was. Luckily for him, Owen was ready to tell him all he needed to know. 
  "That's him over there,"  pointing a finger forward.  Hakeem looked towards the direction Owen was pointing at.

  "Let's go meet him before the next class begins." Hakeem said immediately. 

"Yeah! Come on." They both stood up and walked to him.  He was sitted and placed his legs on his desk while an earphone was in his ears. 
  "Hey, Jaden."   Both guys slapped hands. 

"Whatsup dude?"  Jaden replied, removing the earphone from his ears. 

"This is Hakeem the new guy."  Owen immediately introduced Hakeem. 

"Hello Hakeem, welcome to Bloomfield high." 

"Thank you." Hakeem replied politely and Owen continued,

"Hakeem hear plays football and he's really good!." He raised his hands up to express how good Hakeem was.

"Hype man Owen!" Have you seen the new guy play before." Jaden let out a grin as he raised a hand up saluting him. Owen chuckled a bit then continued. "I am sure about this, I mean look at him." Pointing towards Hakeem who stood still looking at him with a smile on his cheek.

Jaden looked at Hakeem with a smirk on his face.  "What do you say about that Hakeem? Can you play?" 

Hakeem replied with confidence. "Yeah, I'm pretty good." 

"You see! I told you he is. Can't you see the confidence on his face?"  Owen  quickly added.

  Jaden looked at the two of them now with a wide smile on both cheeks. "Alright, alright, join me in training after school, let's see what you've got." 
  Owen folded his fist whilst letting out a mean laugh as he fist bumped Jaden's then Hakeem's fist.

        The rest of the day went by quickly. Hakeem couldn't resist looking at the direction of Sophia who sat majestically.

She really is a queen. He thought as he stared at her from his desk. 
"You shouldn't let her boyfriend catch you staring at her."  Owen said looking at Hakeem with a  smirk on his lips.
Shifting his eyes quickly to his desk, "I was just looking at the window. The view is amazing, I couldn't help but stare" Hakeem smiled sheepishly." 
"I know, right? It really is amazing."  Owen said with enough sarcasm that Hakeem chuckled.

    During the training, the players where divided into two and Hakeem was to play against Jaden's team while Owen stayed at the sideline cheering  Hakeem on. "You can do this keem! Don't fall my hand man."  
Hakeem looked at him with a smile and continued running towards the ball. He played so well and  got his first goal 6 minutes into the game. "That's my man!! I knew it from the moment I saw him." Owen shouted waving at Hakeem.

Jaden looked at him and laughed before commenting. "The game just began bro, watch-out." 

"Oh, I  am watching. My eyes are fixed, can't wait for my main guy keem to whoop your team's ass." Owen replied hastily in a mocking tone. 

     After playing for 40mins, the match came to an end and Hakeem scored another goal making his team the winner. "You really are good Hakeem." Jaden said as he  walked side by side Hakeem as they both exited the pitch.   

"I told you! My man Hakeem, you were impressive back there." Owen joined in with sheer satisfaction written all over his face.

  "Hey, baby. How was practice?"   Hakeem shifted his eyes immediately, recognizing who was talking. It was Sophia, as she walked sublimely towards Owen placing a kiss on his lips while clasping her hands into his.