Chapter 11

My eyes closed, I snuggled deeper into the pillows. I give myself a moment to shed the sleep from brain. Slowly and reluctantly, I open my eyes only to find myself sprawled over the couch with my head lying on Nicholas' lap. Remembering the events from the last night, we must have fallen asleep while talking to each other through the wee hours of the night, I mused. I slowly sat up on the couch and looked towards Nicholas. His head rested on the backrest, his neck at a weird angle. His neck will be sore when he wakes up. Despite the uncomfortable position, he seemed at ease. I shifted towards him, I trailed my fingers down his eyebrows, touching his nose, corner of lips. He looked so peaceful.

"Are you done staring at me?" Nicholas chuckled with his eyes still closed. 

I quickly pulled my hands away as I felt blood rush to my cheeks. "If you were awake, why didn't you say something?"

"And miss this chance to see you blush? Not at all. Not to mention I was enjoying your touch," he said opening his eyes.

I felt my already red cheeks turn tomato. "Did you sleep well?" I asked trying to change the direction of the conversation. "Of course you didn't, your neck must be sore."

"I haven't slept this well in a long time now. I hardly sleep for more than 4-5 hours." 

"Why?"

"I never felt the need to sleep more. I'd rather use that time to work," He tells me shrugging. "I have an important meeting in two hours from now. I am going to have to leave,"  he said checking the time.

"But you are still wearing your clothes from yesterday."

"I have an extra pair at the office. I will get ready when I get there." He told me. he picked up his discarded coat and tie. "What are your plans for today?" He suddenly asked.

"I will be at the restaurant." I tell him confused.

"Can you make yourself free by 8 P.M.?"

"I can, restaurant won't be busy today with it being Tuesday but why?" 

"I am taking you out on a date." He pecks my cheeks and makes his way out my apartment. I stared at his back as I felt a rush of emotions. 

****

I feel jittery the entire day. I was excited for the date with Nicholas. I had dressed special today. I wanted to look good for the date. I wore a black knee length dress with sequins at the neck region and matched it with black 4 inch heels.

It was 7 in the evening when I heard Mr Matilda say, "You look different today dear." Mrs Matilda is a nice and sweet woman in her early 40s, she is chef at La Fiorenza. "Did you finally find yourself a man?" She asked.

I looked at her surprised. Was I that easy to read, I mused. "I have a date today, nothing too serious." 

"You must really like him. I have never seen you so excited, so bright-eyed and bushy-tailed."

"It's nothing like that." I blushed and told Mrs Matilda. What do I feel for Nicholas, I thought to myself. 

"Your blush tells me otherwise." She winked at me, leaving me to my thoughts. 

I sigh and make my way towards the washroom. I wash my face and dry it. I apply concealer and eyeliner. I curl my lashes and apply black mascara. I add colour to my lips, brush my hair. I wait for Nicholas outside the restaurant when I see a Buggati pull up in front of me. Nicholas comes out and looks at me. 

"You look beautiful." He compliments me while pecking my cheeks. 

"Thank you"

He opens the passenger door for me, I get in. He walks around and gets into the driving seat. The insides of the car screamed luxury.