Down along the trail

I woke up the next morning, Ali was already gone, I laid there for a second, trying to calm my nerves. Today was gonna be better, at least that's what I hoped, this week has been one for the books, and something I never wanna repeat.

I shot up at the sound of shouting, and I quickly recognized the voices. I jumped up, pulling my sweatshirt over my head, I slung my door open to see Alex and Samuel arguing.

"She's your daughter! You shouldn't talk to her like that!" Alex yelled, I swear I could see the veins popping out of his neck as he curled up his fists.

"You don't speak to me that way, boy." Samuel growled. They quickly stopped when they saw me. "H-Hey, Amber." Alex scratched the back of his neck nervously.

I tilted my head, "What the hell are you two arguing about?" I crossed my arms, "None of your business, go." Samuel growled.

"I think it is my business since it's about me!" I started to raise my voice, Samuel took a deep breath. "I said. Go." I stepped towards me. "No." I took a step forward.

He lunged at me, "Now." His eyes turning a dark red, "Get away from her!" Alex roared, Samuel spun around to Alex.

I saw his claws click out, "No!" I lunged forward but Alex was already on the floor, I didn't see him moving. Blood dripped from Samuel's fingertips as his claws retracted, he spun around and walked out, slamming the door.

I raced over to Alex, he sat up on his elbows, he moved his hand away from his cheek, I gasped, it had four huge gashes in it.

I grabbed a rag from the kitchen and raced back, holding it on his face, "Why did you do that?" I asked, he looked in my eyes, "I know what he's turning into. you do too." My eyes dropped.

I continued to patch up his face, not saying a word, I felt his eyes on me the whole time, "Where are the others." I spoke.

"I told them to not come out unless I told them to." I looked down the hall, "Ali! Carter!" I yelled, finishing the last stitch before putting a bandage over his cheek.

They ran in, worry on their faces, "God, how bad is it." Ali gasped, "He'll live." I said, patting his face, he swatted my hand away from the bandages, groaning.

I smirked. Helping him off the floor. "I'm going for a run, Try not to do anything stupid while I'm gone." I said, glaring at Alex, he nodded.

I walked in my room, changing into some running clothes and heading out the back door, I ran down the trail behind the house, it was my favorite, it had always made me happy, perfect amount of sunshine and shade.

I just kept running, letting the breeze blow across my face, listening to the birds, then I passed that spot. The small trail that lead to Stonehaven.

"Don't do it, amber. Don't do it." I scolded myself. I curled up my fists, "Dammit." I groaned, running down the small trail, it was only about three short minutes before I saw a clearing.

And soon Stonehaven came into view. I just needed to know they were okay. I saw nick and clay fighting in the backyard like usual, and Elena watching as usual.

I could tell they sensed someone, cause they all stopped, but before they could turn around I was already gone.

God, I wanted to go back to that house so bad, they were all so nice, they cared about me, I could tell. That's more than I could say for my own father, and lately I was figuring out more about him than I'd ever known in my whole life.

I'd finished my run and got back to the house before sundown...Before Samuel got home. I took my shower and as I was walking down the hall I heard laughing. I peeked around the corner, into the kitchen.

Alex was attempting to cook, cracking jokes as ali and carter sat at the table, laughing and talking. In that moment, I decided, If I was getting out of here...

So are they.