𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 06.

━ 𝗽𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲𝘀.

"𝐍𝐎, 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓 going to happen." I immediately declared, shaking my head.

    He stood outside the window, the childish grin still pulling at his lips. Through the slightly dirty glass, I could see him wearing an orange-cream coloured button-down shirt, only two buttons done as usual, and a worn out cloth piece around his neck.

    "You don't even know what I'm gonna ask," he protested right away, as I stood up from the chair.

    I closed the blinds in a sharp motion. "I don't care," I blatantly stated, talking loud so he could hear me. "And I'm not listening." I pretended to not listen, as I turned my back.

    The blinds didn't do much work, since they were too thin and didn't hide anything.

    "Look— I need your help," he continued to speak, trying to sound desperate, "Just let me in the window, it'll take two seconds, I promise."

    "You're demented if you think I'm going to let a stranger into my grandparent's house," I responded, speaking with an annoyed tone, "Especially the one who abducted me."

    "Thought you weren't listening, huh?" He laughed sarcastically, "And we're not strangers."

"Please go away," I voiced, pretending to fold the quilt on my bed.

"No can do, Cherry Cola," He said indisputably.

"I'll call the cops," I only twisted my head around a few inches, enough to see his face contort into an even dumber look.

"And tell them what," he lowered his eyebrows at me. "A mere acquaintance stood outside your window, kindly asking for help, huh,"

    "Okay, whatever," I spat. I wanted to say his name, but then he'd think that I asked my grandparents about him, since he never told me.

    "Look, I know you hate me and everything— which I don't know why— but I practically saved your ass last night in the hurricane," he stated, his voice somewhat muffled through the glass, "Don't deny it."

    "I don't have to repay you for that," I fully turned myself around, facing the window, "because I didn't agree to it in the first place." I could see him through the spaces between the slim blinds.

    "That's not how it works, sweetheart." A smirk pulled at the side of his mouth.

    I rolled my eyes, hard.

    "I save your ass, you save mine. Then we're done, and you don't have to look at my face ever again," he told me, leaning a hand on the window sill from outside. "Your grandparents aren't even home anyways." he shrugged.

    Rolling my eyes again, I took the step separating me and the window. Pulling up the blinds roughly, I pinned my eyes on him.

    "You have five minutes." I said, with a serious tone, before gripping on the handle to open the window.

    When it opened, he stopped to look at me. I widened my eyes sarcastically and motioned for him to climb in, and he smiled.

His eyes twinkled as his straight rows of teeth poked through his grin, and for a second, I didn't dislike him. For a second, I thought he was really cute. But then, the second his feet hit the floor, I was reminded that he was a troublesome teenager that drives a dirty brown van, now invading my grandparents' home.

    I stepped out of the way when he jumped onto the ground, his dirty sneakers creaking on the wood. I looked up at him as he stayed in place, realizing how tall he was. With the hair sitting up on his head, he was probably about a foot taller, and loomed over me. We were standing in front of my window, a few steps away from each other.