𝟎𝟎𝟏

CHAPTER ONE

( MALIA PARRISH )

ONE: THE ATLANTIC

ONE: THE ATLANTIC

"the sea is in my blood"

after getting away from security like they had done many times before they all ended up back at john b's. although, after a while malia's dad had picked her up and brought her home. but martin parrish was also a sucker for his daughter's puppy dog eyes, and that's how she ended up at john b's again the next day. kie was passed out on the sofa bed, pope on the beat up couch and jj was in a bedroom with a random girl. she could hear john b was speaking to dcs outside.

eventually he returned and that is why her, john b and pope were on the beach standing in front of one of the worst hurricanes malia had ever seen. hurricane agatha. she knew nothing was going to stop her from surfing the wave that is had produced and she could only hope her friends decided to join her.

"it's a double overheard out there" pope yelled as they stood in their glory on top of one of the sand hills watching the dangerous waves crash against one another.

"double overheard?" john b yelled back as the curiousness in his eyes did not dim once, but if anything only grew by the second.

malia knew this was dangerous. but she also knew she may never have the opportunity to surf a wave like this again. if only her parents knew where she were right now, she'd be send away to some preppy boarding school far away from outerbanks. so she decided she'd surf the wave and keep it to herself, no matter how much she'd have loved to show of to her cousin sarah.

"those aren't surfable waves, lia" pope warned the kook girl as she began jumping in her spot as the hard raindrops hit her skin. john b turned to pope before looking down at a grinning malia. he knew she was going in and he knew he couldn't let her do it alone.

"says who?" malia laughs as she quickly kisses pope's cheek before grabbing john b's hand and pulling him towards the ocean.

pope stood to the side and rolled his eyes so hard he could've gotten a migraine. john b followed after her like a love sick puppy. he'd let malia parrish drag him to hell if she really wanted to.

the two were instantly split apart by the waves as they tried keeping balance on their boards, but with every try came another fail. john b was being throwing into the water and clambering back onto his board every second. malia being more experienced was able to stay on top of her board for longer before suffering the same fate. she looked around trying to find the boy to only see him staring at something in the distance.

"johnny!" she called out as she began kicking back on her board to the shore, she had had enough of trying to ride this wave for today.

――――

𝐀𝐓𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐂. ( 𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘢𝘯𝘬𝘴 )On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara