𝟎𝟎𝟐

CHAPTER TWO

( MALIA PARRISH )

ONE: THE ATLANTIC

ONE: THE ATLANTIC

"i feel a rush of adrenaline"

malia didn't think twice about removing her denim shorts and john b's hat before jumping into the water beside jj as kie, john b and pope were hurrying to join them. this wasn't something a girl as privileged as malia parrish should be doing, but she couldn't stop herself.

"you think there's a dead body down there?" pope asked being the last one in the water.

"let's hope we don't end up being the dead bodies down there" malia mumbled to herself praying her friends didn't hear, considering how hesitant she was.

the five teenagers let their bodies sink to the bottom of the water where the boat was, malia squinted her pretty blue eyes as she pushed herself towards the boat trying not to let the dirty water affect her sight too much. there was no dead body in there. thank god. but the boat was empty so she decided to push herself to the surface. she inhaled a large amount of air as she looked at her friends smiling faces.

"you guys saw that?" jj asked grinning, and malia knew exactly why.

"that's a grady-white. a new one of those is like 500 gs, easy" jj explained as they began swimming back to the boat. malia was the last in as she earned a hand from pope in assistance.

"yeah. that's the boat i saw when we surfed the surge" john b explained as malia thought back to the night wondering if he was right.

"maybe it hit the jetty or something" pope suggested as malia shook her body to try and rid of all the water.

"you surfed the surge?" kie asked looking between john b and the boys, not even thinking of malia.

"we" john b stated pointing between himself and malia "surfed the surge" he clarified making the blue eyed surfer hit his arm.

"pogue style" jj said high-fiving john b "you sure all you two did was surf?" the blonde asked taking a seat behind malia pulling her into his lap.

"shut up" malia whispered hitting jj in the arm as she leaned back into his chest, her wet hair sticking to him.

"what the hell" kie muttered angrily looking between the four smiling teenagers. malia wanted to roll her eyes at how much she was overreacting, but she knew she was right.

"wait, wait. do we know whose boat that is?" pope asked as he took heavy breaths well speaking. kie and jj looked at malia for answers considering how connected her family was, she should've known something.