Chapter Two

Hi!! How are you guys? Sorry I haven't updated😬

"You have a legitimate movie theater in your basement," Sophie asked, jaw dropping as she took in her surroundings. Keefe flashed his trademark smirk at her.
"Yep! You said you wanted to watch Heathers?" Keefe walked over to a huge shelf with the letter 'H' on it. "Found it!"
Fitz stared at the two of them coldly. "I don't really think Heathers is appropriate for Sophie," he said snidely, making Sophie's blood boil.
Fitz had once made her heart flutter. But he hadn't been good for her. But he didn't have to be a jerk about it.
"I'm almost seventeen," she snapped. "And I went to high school when I was twelve. I've seen my fair share of inappropriate things."
Fitz shrugged. "You're clearly not mature enough for a relationship," he said, and Sophie felt her hands tighten into fists. He seemed ok before. Clearly he wasn't.
"I broke up with you for a reason," she retorted, feeling the beginnings of a migraine. "And we weren't even really in a relationship!"
Fitz opened his mouth furiously, but Keefe interrupted him. "Dude, we both know that in a second you're going to say something you regret."
Fitz wheeled towards him. "Piss off, Keefe. We both know—"
Keefe held out a hand. "I'm gonna stop you right there." He fanned his hand in front of his face. "Sophie's emotions are pretty strong right now. She doesn't want to talk about this."
Sophie sent Keefe a thankful smile, and she almost missed the fact that Keefe hadn't called her Foster, or Lady Fos-Boss, or whatever. He called her Sophie.
Fitz glowered at Keefe. "Whatever. We both know that I am going to win her."
Sophie opened her mouth, furious, and Fitz could immediately see that he had done something wrong.
"Look, Sophie, I—"
"I am not an object!" Sophie shrieked. "I am not something to be won. I am a person, Fitz, with feelings."
Fitz stared at her, incredulous. "You can't even see it, can you?" He asked, snickering a bit.
"Stop." Sophie had murder in her eyes. "I don't give a damn, Fitz Vacker. Whatever you want to say, keep it to yourself." She felt her cheeks heating up with each word she said, each word said with vengeance and anger. It didn't feel like her.
"You say you want a future with me, well, I don't want a future with someone who pushes me to the point of an emotional breakdown," she told him quietly, tears blurring her vision. "And I don't care what you think anymore, Fitz. You lost my trust a while ago." Caught up in her rage, she threw her Cognate ring at him.
Fitz shook his head at her, the real eyes she once thought were so gorgeous flashing with ugly hate. But they weren't directed at her.
"You did this," he hissed at Keefe. Keefe shook his head at him, shocked by what his 'best friend' had become.
"Dude, hate to break it to you, but you did this to yourself."
Fitz glared at him as he stomped upstairs, only to be cursed at by an angry ogre princess.
After a while, Ro ran downstairs. "You okay, Blondie?" She asked, her died pink-and-purple pigtails choppier then when Sophie saw her a couple minutes ago.
When Sophie nodded yes, Ro gave her an uncomfortable but comforting hug. "I'm gonna tell your parents you're here. Where's Gigantor, by the way?" She asked, looking around suspiciously.
"He's on a date with Grizel, and I forgot to tell Bo where I was going," she sniffled.
Ro patted her on the back. "I have some nasty bacteria I could use on Mr. High-and-Mighty if you want," she offered, showing off her pointed teeth.
Sophie laughed, wiping away a tear that managed to wiggle it's way out of her eye.
"It's okay," she told Ro. "But I'll let you know if I need any in the future."
Ro winked and stomped back upstairs, leaving Sophie and Keefe by themselves.
After a moment, Keefe went to hug Sophie. He didn't try to calm her down, he just let her be, hugging her tightly.
After a couple of minutes, Keefe asked Sophie softly, "do you still want to watch Heathers?"
She nodded, hesitated, and then asked a question. "Do... do you have any alcohol?"
Keefe's eyes widened for a second, and Sophie quickly apologized. "Never mind, forget I said anything, it's not like it's going to help," she said, face flushing red.
"No, um, we have some tequila, if that's ok," he said quietly. Sophie nodded. She had never had alcohol before, and though she knew it wouldn't make her problems go away, it would help her forget for a little bit.
How was she going to survive this quarantine?

Thanks for reading!! Let me know what you think! And also, this book might have some mature content, so read at your own risk (nothing much though. Mostly just cursing and alcohol consumption).