Part 22 - Heartfelt confessions

Just a small surprise❤️

*

He raised his head from the laptop and looked at her who was thinking something deeply and that something was definitely not pleasant. Though she laughed off looking at everyone when the pregnancy assumption ended with her revealing about his tomato juice, that smile or laugh didn't reach her eyes. Both their parents left in the evening and since then she was like this.

He closed the laptop and sat beside her as she smiled faintly at him.

“What happened?”

“Nothing. I'm fine” She told shrugging.

“You won't disappoint them Anika” He told holding her palm and she looked shocked at him. That was exactly what she was thinking since a long time. How did he possibly know that? Can he read minds?

“You can't ever disappoint them because you love them a lot. You practically live for them” He told and she kept her head on his shoulder.

“What if something like that happens?” She asked and he chuckled.

“For something like that to happen, something should happen between us. Did that something happen? No. Then why fear?” He asked and she hit his chest making him laugh all the more.

“Now, don't think about all those. Just forget whatever happened today”

She raised her head to look at him.

“So today when all these happened, you didn't feel anything?” She asked.

“I understood one thing. Both our moms and dads are really worried about your career”

“And you?”

“I'm more worried than them. I'm scared of myself now” He told making her surprised.

“If you fail in your life because of me, I would never be able to forgive myself for that”

“Until I decide to fail, nobody can do that Shivaay. So you won't ever be the reason of my failure” She told with a smile.

“Can't say. If I'm the reason for that decision then?”

“You won't be”

“All these years you never had a distraction in your life. So you topped everywhere. Am I not a distraction for you?” He told and she sighed.

“Now what should I do? I can't stay away from you” She told holding his arm and keeping her head on his shoulder.

“That's the main problem”

“That I can't stay away from you?”

“No”

“Then?”

“I can't stay away from you” He told and she chuckled.

“You won't ever leave me right?” She asked softly.

“Till death do us apart” He told kissing her head.

“Pinky promise?”

“Pinky promise” He told as he intertwined their fingers together.

“I have some more work to do. You sleep” He told and she raised her head from his shoulder.

He opened his laptop and continued with his work. That's when she saw his mobile on the table.