Part 31 - Two days

She looked at him with tears in her eyes. When he looked at her through the mirror, she looked down hiding her tears. With a faint smile, he walked to her and raised her chin to make her face him.

“Two days jaan” He told holding her hand and she nodded.

“You should be here by third day otherwise all three of us aren't going to talk to you” She told and he nodded with a smile.

“I'll be here before that. Don't you know I can't stay without you?” He asked caressing her face and she smiled.

“I don't have any entertainment here. OmRu and Prinku went back last week right” She told pouting.

“I know I know! Your main entertainment is ordering me around to get things for you and scolding me” He told chuckling and she smiled sheepishly.

“On a serious note, do you want to go to your home and stay there for a few days?” He asked and she widened her eyes.

“No” She told straight away.

“If I go there, mumma will torture me more than you with her own diet plan. I'll stay here itself. My Jhanvi ma is the only person who loves me” She told and he chuckled.

“That's because mom sneaks in chocolates and sweets for you. Don't think I don't know anything”

“As if I care” She told twisting her mouth and he narrowed his eyes at her.

She pouted before giving a kiss on his nose.

“Smile” She told giving a peck on his lips and he chuckled before rubbing their noses together.

“Shivaay, don't go” She whispered with tears.

“I'll come back soon. I promise” He told wiping her tears with his thumb and she nodded as she kissed his palm that was on her face.

He bent down and kissed her stomach before getting on his feet and kissing her forehead.

“No crying and no stressing. Remember what doctor told. Only ten weeks are left and at this time, if you stress, premature delivery might happen. So, be happy. I'll call you every hour. Done?” He asked and she nodded.

“If you feel anything, immediately call mom” She nodded again.

“Because I'm not here, don't show your tantrums. Eat everything properly” She nodded again.

“And——Don't cry”

“You told that already” She told smiling and he nodded.

“You'll start crying now” She told smiling and he looked away.

“I know you're tensed. I'll sit here like a good girl. Happy?” She asked and he nodded.

“It's that important otherwise I wouldn't have gone at this time” He told as they walked out of the room and she smiled.

“I know”

“Are you ready?” Jhanvi asked and Shivaay nodded.

“Mom, she'll show all tantrums. Don't melt in her tears like you always do” Shivaay told and Jhanvi looked at Anika who was pouting.

“I won't melt. I'm very strict this time” She told and secretly blinked at Anika who smiled widely.

“I saw that. I'm calling mumma and telling her to stay with you. Do you want that?” He asked and Anika shook her head with a pout.

“Mumma won't let me eat anything other than her tasteless salads. I'll listen to everything ma says. Don't call Mumma” She told and he nodded.

“Good! Mom——”

“I heard Shivaay. Now go! We both have to go for walk” Jhanvi told frowning and Shivaay smiled before turning to Anika.

Her eyes brimmed up unknowingly and he quickly walked out unable to see that. Sitting in the car, he flicked away the tear that was about to roll down his eyes. It was the first time after their marriage that they were about to stay away from each other, that too in such a condition. He tried every possible ways to solve the problem from Mumbai itself but his presence in Delhi was mandatory and there was no other way out. 

Since it was twin pregnancy and owing to stress of a doctor, everyone had strictly told her not to work. She was sad that she couldn't work but resolved it all by checking Shivaay every now and then with her stethoscope and prescribing medicines for his pressure increase for which her mood swings were indirectly and directly the reason.

*

Anika was sitting in the room watching television while switching through channels uninterested when Jhanvi walked in with all her favorite things making her smile widely.

“I love you ma” She told happily as she kissed Jhanvi's cheeks innumerable times.

“I was waiting for him to go to give you all these. If he's here, he'll start his diet plan mantra” Jhanvi told and Anika chuckled while having the gajar ka halwa aka carrot halwa, her favorite.

“How did you live with him for the first three months?”

“Don't ask me ma. He made me wake up at five in the morning and made me walk. He never let me even enter a lift saying climbing stairs is good for health. He didn't even let me eat ice cream ma. Such a cruel man your son is” She told dramatically and Jhanvi nodded.

“I know!” Jhanvi told and Anika frowned.

“See see!” She told pointing at her tummy.

“Didn't even come out but can't listen to me saying anything against him” She told and Jhanvi chuckled.

“One of them might be a girl. Girls can't listen anything against their father” Jhanvi told touching her tummy where there was a small bump.

She smiled while having the halwa.

“Famous industrialist Shivaay Singh Oberoi hospitalised after a major accident near the airport highway. As per the information we received, he's in critical condition” The bowl fell down from her hand as she looked at the television shocked. She felt blank all of a sudden.

“Ma——what did they say?” She asked stammering as she looked at Jhanvi who was shocked.

Her strength drained completely from her body seeing his blood covered image. She didn't know what to do as her heartbeat turned wild and tension made her brain fogged. As she grew tensed, the babies started kicking violently making her further more drained with the pain.

“SHIVAAY!!!” she screamed as she felt a spine breaking pain in her lower abdomen.

Jhanvi turned to her startled hearing her scream.

“Anika”

“It's paining ma” She told breathlessly holding her stomach and Jhanvi looked at her panicked.

“Beta sit here. I'll call Tej. Don't move from here” Jhanvi told and was about to rush out when Anika held her hand with partial consciousness, her face covered with sweat already.

“Shivaay” She whispered before going unconscious and Jhanvi widened her eyes in shock. She barely managed to hear the news of her son's accident and now this. Altogether she didn't know what to do.

“Tej!” She screamed as she rushed out of the room.

••|To Be Continued|••

Statutory warning for all the readers: You're not allowed to KILL the author or throw chandnis/chamelis/rotten tomatoes, eggs/chakku/hammer/chiknis etc at her for all the two-three parts that are about to come.

Thank you in advance
- author