Chapter 2- Found

》Your mom's POV《

During our search for my daughter, I learned that Sans could actually teleport. That would explain the sound from earlier and how he kept appearing everywhere so quickly.

I also learned that Toriel was once a mother. Unfortunately she lost her child due to a misunderstanding also with her adopted one as well. She told me that a child named Frisk was now their adopted child.
She has earnestly the upmost respect from me. I know how hard being a mother is, I couldn't imagine loosing any forever.

That's why I simply must find (Y/N).

》Your POV《

Undyne had you and Mk sitting on her top of her muscled shoulders while Alphys had convinced her to put her down, and was now walking beside you.

You were nervous about it before, seeing as how you weren't exactly fond of heights, but had soon relaxed knowing that Undyne wouldn't let you fall.

It surprised your just how friendly these monsters were and you wondered if all of them were like that.
It also sort of unnerved you.

For them to be as trusting as they are, you found yourself thinking of all the ways it could backfire on them. Horribly.

Humans couldn't even get along with themselves and lost of innocent people were hurt every day. Knowing this, it wouldn't be long before something bad would happen to the monsters.

You hope it wouldn't come down to that. These monsters, even only having know these few for less than a day, didn't deserve that.

You almost wish they stayed underground. Almost.

"Oh hey, is THAT her??" Mk asked as he pointed with his tail to yet another person that wasn't your mom.

"No, that lady has (H/C), not (M/H/C)." You say, kindness never leaving your voice.
You just couldn't be annoyed at Mk at all. He was too adorable.

"Oh, right. Ok!" Mk responded, resuming his scanning through the crowd for your mom.
You sigh.

"I might just have to wait till all these people go home before I can find her." You said, the sudden sadness setting in.

"Lighten up squirt, we'll find your mom." Undyne reassured you. He voice being heard just fine over the chattering crowd below.

"M-Maybe if we-we have more p-people searching, w-we can in-increase our chance-chances of finding her." Alphys offered. Undyne perked up.

"Alphy you are a genius! We could totally ask the others for help." Undyne praised her girlfriend, picking her up and giving her a quick kiss. Alphys was now a blushing mess.

》Your mom's POV《

Mid-search, Sans gets a call on what I can only assume is HIS cellphone. It had a rather cheery tone and I could only imagine it being for an equally cheery person. Er, monster.

"Sup Paps?" He answered in a laid back tone. A loud voice boomed from the other end of the line.

"SANS, WE DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS, UNDYNE AND ALPHYS HAVE FOUND A LOST CHILD. WE REQUIRE YOUR ASSISTANCE IN SEARCHING FOR ITS MOTHER." I didn't think the call was on speaker but I could still hear every word that the caller said. I hope he's talking about (Y/N). Not very many mother's would loose their kid.

"heh, be there in a sec. I think I've got the answer to your little problem." Sans said, turning to look towards me. He promptly hung up the phone and held his hands out.

"Oh, Miss (M/N), If our friends have found your daughter, sans can teleport you right over. You just have to grab his hand." Toriel explained when she saw my confused expression.

I nod and take one of sans's hands. The world around me shifted until we were in front of a few more monsters. As I continued to look around, my eyes finally landed on the person I've been desperately searching for.

"(Y/N)!!"

》Your POV《

"(Y/N)!!" Your mother yelled for you, her arms wide open, waiting for you.

You practically jumped into her arms, hugging her as tight as you could. She was doing the same to you.

"I missed you mom, I was scared." You muttered next the her ear. Your voice was quivering but you refused to cry.

"I know dear, I know and I'm sorry. I'll make sure to wait for you next time." Your mother said back, she was actually crying.

You both separated after that and turned to the monsters who had helped you both. They were all standing there, giving you big smiles. You stood in place next to your mom, not really sure what to do at the moment. Your mom took charge though.

"Thank you. Thank you so much for finding my daughter." She said, holding open her arms for any of them to come hug her. The goat looking monster she appeared with went to her first. Giving your mom a big hug, lifting her off the ground in the process.
No matter, your mom loved any hugs. Even the bone crushing ones.

You almost laughed at that thought because the tall skeleton that Undyne called Papyrus, hugged your mom next. Then your eyes landed on someone else.
Also a skeleton, he was much shorter then Papyrus and you wondered if they were related. Said skeleton caught you staring at him and you quickly looked away.
Great, no he probably thinks you're a creep.

Once everyone got a hug, your mom turned her attention back to you and smiled.
Before she could say anything however, her phone let off a small ping, meaning she got a message of some sort. She checked it and turned back to everyone with a small frown.

"While me and (Y/N) would love to stay and hang around with you guys, it's time for her to go to school." She explained sadly. You cursed school for oh so conveniently having to start today of all days.

"That's quite the shame. However, would you like to meet with us at a later time?" Toriel offered. Your mother smiled.

"That sounds like a wonderful idea! Want to trade numbers?" And just like that your mom had the numbers for Toriel, Undyne, Alphys, Papyrus, and the short skeleton, who you now knew was named Sans.

Having said your final goodbyes, you and your mom started your descend down the mountain. Along the way you take a look around and note people's reaction to all this.

Some children who wanted to see the monsters closer were held back my their overprotective parents. Those who WERE allowed to go near, played with the monsters they met, several of those showing off their magic.
Many families seemed to simply be chatting with the monsters.
But of course, there were people who weren't so welcoming.

A few monsters were being terribly mistreated. Not physically as far as you could see, but verbally was just as effective. At times you saw that a police officer would have to drag the human away. You were just glad they were trying to keep the peace.

By the time you got to the bottom and into the car, you were deep in thought.
From the looks of things, there was definitely going to be some anti-monster type stuff in the future.

Shame, really such a shame.

But it made sense.
People are STILL getting over racism so of course there would be people against a whole different species. And it didn't help much that they had magic.

"Ok dear, I'll wait for you in the car while you slip inside and get everything you need for school, alright?" You mother said, parking the car in your driveway.

You just nodded and exited the car. You joh inside, grab your pre-filled backpack, and go back out.

Time for your first day at school.