Chapter 10 ~ We'll Get Through This

Luke's Pov

I sat on the ground in front of him and said, "What's going on Ash? Are you okay?"

He wouldn't look at me. I said, "Calum, Michael. Get over here." They both ran over to me and said, "What's going on?"

"I don't know. I need Crys and Laura. Maybe they know what's wrong with him." Cal said, "I'll get them in here. I'll be right back."

He ran out of the room and I tried to get Ash to snap out of whatever trance he was in. I grabbed his hands and they were so tense. Michael said, "Did anything happen that would've upset him?"

"No. Not that I know of. He was sitting over here while I got my hair done and then when I came over here, I found him like this."

Cal came running in with Crystal and Laura and Crys said, "What happened?" "I-I don't know. He was fine literally 10 minutes ago. He was my Ash. He was his old self."

"Luke, calm down. It's okay. Ash. Sweetie. I need you to snap out of it and tell me what's going on. C'mon." He still wouldn't budge.

I said, "Crystal. What's wrong with him?" "I don't know Luke. Was there anything here that might've triggered his PTSD?"

"N-Not that I know of." "Give me his phone."

I grabbed his phone that was right next to him and unlocked it. Crys said, "I think I found what triggered this... His dad texted him."

"HIS FUCKING DAD TEXTED HIM??" Mikey grabbed my arms and said, "Dude. Calm down."

"How the fuck do you expect me to calm down? All this man has done is screw with Ashton's life. And now he decides to fucking text him? This is not fucking okay." "I know dude. But you need to calm down. When Ash snaps out of this, he's going to need you to be calm and help him through this."

I took the phone from Crystal and read the text. I was so close to throwing the phone, but I knew I couldn't do that. It's Ash's phone. He needs it.

Crys said, "Luke. Deep breaths. Center yourself." I sat next to Ash and said,"Why would he do this to him Crys? How could he say these things to his fucking son?"

"I know it's terrible Luke. But we need to work on making sure Ashton's okay. That's the important thing right now."

She got down in front of him and grabbed his hands. She said, "Ash. Sweetie. I know it's hard, but I really need you to snap out of it. Just come back to us. Everything's going to be okay."

I felt his body relax and he fell into me crying. I said, "Shhh. Baby it's okay. I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere." I nodded and Crystal and she walked off with everyone else.

"Ashy. Just breathe. It's okay. I'm right here." He gripped onto me so tight, I could feel his nails digging into my skin. I rubbed his back and tried to get him to calm down.

After about 10 minutes, he had finally calmed down enough to talk. I wiped his tears and he said, "Why would he say that stuff to me?"

"I don't know Ash. He's a horrible man." "Luke, I-I don't know if I can go out there tonight."

"That's okay baby. If you can't go out there, we can use the backup drummer. We will just tell the fans that you aren't feeling well." "I-I don't w-wanna l-let them down."

"You're not letting anyone down baby. You can't overwork your body, and if you think you aren't strong enough to do this, that's okay." "C-Can I try?"

"It's up to you baby. I can't make that decision for you. If you wanna try, you can. If you don't feel up to it, that's okay too." "I-I wanna try."