One.

So you leave tomorrow, just sleep the night
I promise I will make things right
I'll make you breakfast, the way you like
Before you leave tomorrow, just let me try

They fought about him again. "How many times are you going to choose him?!" Lisa couldn't hold it in any longer.

"He's my boyfriend, Lisa. Of course, I'm going to choose him." Jennie rolled her eyes at the taller girl., trying to keep her emotions in check.

The harsh reality hit Lisa. Jennie was right. Kai was her boyfriend and Lisa was just someone to keep warm when he was away.

"He's back for good in a few days and I can't keep doing this to him. I can't keep doing this to you. You promised me you wouldn't fall. You said we'd keep this casual, but here you are giving me gifts, acting possessive, and professing your love for me." Jennie continued as Lisa retreated back. "So I need to end this now."

As soon as she heard Jennie's last sentence, her head shot up with tears pooling in her eyes. "Nini...I...don't. I'm sorry. You're right I did fall. I didn't mean to, but it's hard to not fall in love with you. Hell, if we are being honest, I've always loved you, even before Kai. Give me a chance to prove I'm worthy of your love."

"Lisa, stop. You know I can't." Jennie stayed firm. "Why not?"

"I love him." Jennie replied simply. "and what about me? I know this is more than what you are making it seem. I can feel that you love me too, Jennie."

"I'm leaving, Lisa. I can't. Just let me go. If you love me, just let me go. Fall out of love with me." Jennie couldn't hold in her tears any longer.

Lisa felt defeated. The woman she loved asked her to let her go. She shouldn't be selfish. "Okay, just give me two nights. Please, stay with me for the weekend. I'll make you breakfast tomorrow morning and we'll spend the day together just like we used to." Lisa pleaded. "I promise. Just two nights and if that's what you truly want then I'll let you go."

When you go, I can't watch you leave
Just promise me you'll sneak out when I'm asleep
And when you go, and you're miles down the road
I wake up wishing everything was just a dream

Jennie agreed to spending the weekend with Lisa. After their emotional breakdown together, the tension between them heightened their feelings. The next morning, Lisa kept her word separating her body from Jennie's to make breakfast. And pretended what they had wasn't going to end the next day.

Hours later, the two were cuddling. Lisa held onto Jennie as if her life depended on it. She was going to miss this.

"Lili, do you think we could ever go back to how it was before?" Jennie knew she was asking too much, but she needed to know she wasn't going to lose her best friend.

"Truthfully, Nini, I don't think so. I'll try but I can't make any promises." Lisa answered before placing a kiss on the corner of Jennie's mouth.

"I..I do love you Lisa, but Kai doesn't deserve this...he—" Jennie tried to reason with Lisa. "Shhh—please don't talk about him. I'm letting you go if that's what you truly want. But can you promise me one thing?" Lisa interrupted kissing Jennie's weak spot.

"Anything Lili." Jennie held onto Lisa, thinking about how badly she was going to miss the other girls affection.

"Promise me that if you decide you really want this to end, you won't give me a chance to stop you. You'll sneak out while I sleep. I'll wake up and we'd pretend that what we had was just a dream. Just give me this one last good memory of us — the two us of making love and cuddling in each other's arms." Lisa left a trail of kisses down her lover's body.

"I promise." Jennie breathed out.

Stay here and lay here right in my arms
It's only a moment before you're gone
And I am keeping you warm
Just act like you love me so I can go on

The next morning both Jennie and Lisa kept their promises.

———————
Author's Note: So I put one of my playlists on shuffle to inspire some writing for my oneshots and "Act Like You Love Me" by Shawn Mendes came on. IDK what this was, but I'm sorry for this angst.