chapter 2: spending time

aria POV:

i was half way skating home listening to some music when i get a notification from insta.
" @ jschlatt added you as a friend!"
" heh. it's mr creep"
i arrived to my apartment and open up my door and my dog came rushing towards me. i have a beagle and her name is daisy. daisy started barking at me. " hey baby! calm down it's just mommy!" she came running over and licking me. i laugh as i get back up and get undressed. i put on some sweats, a collage t-shirt from my sister and some fuzzy socks. i got up to get some food. " 7:30 pm" i sigh " damn. is it that late already?" i order some pizza cuz i'm just too lazy to make food. it comes and i eat. i get a notification.
" yo. hey baseball girl. it's schlatt."
heh.
" hey mr creep. what's popping?"
" DAMMIT THATS MY LINE! anyways, nothing i'm bout to stream. how bout you?"
i audibly laugh and daisy looks at me like i'm nuts
" haha sorry. cool we should stream together."
" wait. wait. wait. you can play baseball, you skate, AND you're a gamer girl? this day can't get get any better!"
" lmao. yeah i don't think it can. well anyways. is that a yes?"
" yeah sure. is it ok if my buddy carson joins?"
" oh yeah no prob carson's pretty chill"
" shit, you know carson? how?!"
" we met at twitch con last year. we're pretty close. i'm supposed to meet up with him this weekend."
" that's epic. well what time you planning on joining?"
" eh maybe 8:30? i gotta clean up and feed my dog"
" sure. sounds like a plan. see ya baseball girl."
" gotcha. see ya mr creep."

*time skip*
schlatt POV:
holy shit. i didn't know she was a streamer. huh, i guess you learn something new everyday. she agreed to stream with me and i'm kind of excited. but why?
she texts me.
" hey stupid. add me on discord and chat with me until the stream starts. thanks."
she's very forward and i kinda like that about her.
" don't call me stupid"
i add her and we chat for a bit. i ask her why she wanted to start doing baseball then she started to share funny stories from her childhood. there weren't many though. 5 mins left until the stream. she started to giggle.
" why you laughing now?" i blushed a bit
" nothing just remembered something."
" you sure?"
" yeah. i'm good"
" ok well we should start the stream"

" whats poppin everyone. today we're gonna do some media shares with carson who's taking his sweet old fucking time and a special guest drum roll please!" i start pounding on my desk really hard with this funny mic on." peachy baby or her real name aria!"
"hey gamers. how's it hanging? so like he said we're gonna do some media shares! also god damn, please don't use that again."
we started talking for a bit until carson joined.
" schlatt theres a GIRL HERE!" she starts to laugh
" hey carson. it's aria dummy"
" ooooh hey"
" did you forget about me?" i stated
" no!" they both said.
chat started to flood us with media shares. we all got a kick out of em and honestly i enjoyed aria's company. for someone who i just met today i'm pretty surprised i'd be saying that.
we finally ended our streams at around 1:30 am. "alright chat that's it for tonight. thanks to aria and carson we had a successful stream." as soon as they ended i texted aria.
"hey good stream huh?" i hesitated to send it.
" yeah i agree. thanks for inviting me! it was really fun and i enjoyed it. we could do this again." i smiles at that text and practically blushed.
"i'd like that. well you seem tired so i'll let you go to sleep. goodnight aria."
" night schlatt aka mr creep :)"

aria POV:
schlatt, carson, and i all streamed for about 3 hours. carson left after the 3 hours but me and schlatt still stayed on for another 2. we only did media shares for the 3 hours while the other 2 hours we just talked and played a bit of minecraft. when schlatt wasn't baby raging or using his funny mic, his voice was very soothing and i enjoyed listening to it. when we were just talking it felt like we were alone and not having thousands of people listen to us banter about ourselves. his laugh is also quite nice. when he was doing his chaotic screaming laugh, his normal laugh was also soothing to listen to. all i could think about after the stream was him. why am i thinking about him? i just met him today! i barely know him! i-
*BZZZT*
oh shit
"hey good stream huh?" i felt relived for some odd reason. i agreed and we talked for a bit before saying good night. i sent something i may will regret.
"hey i know it's 3:00 am but i was just wondering if you wanna come to my game this friday?" he didn't respond till the morning.
my alarm went off. i was groggy but i got up. i showered and fed daisy. i got a text back.
" yeah i'm down. but only on one condition."
" sure. hit me with it."
" give me your number so we could facetime."
oh shit. wait what? why is my face red.
" no prob. it's XXX-XXX-XXXX"
" alright."
i immediately got a text from him.
"hey it's schlatt."
" yo. so i'm taking my dog for a walk in a bit. wanna come?" shit! he's already coming with me to my game! now it's just sounding like i'm desperate!
"i got nothing else to do. i wanna see you again so sure! where we meeting?" wait what? he wants to see me?
" meet me at the baseball field. i'll be on my skateboard wearing a blue hoodie crop top with black leggings with a beagle in my hand so look out for that."
" will do. see ya!"
"see ya!"

*time skip*

we meet up at the baseball field. some little kids recognized me. " oh my gosh are you peachy baby?!" i was surprised so i stopped. " uh yep! that's me!" they asked for a picture so i took one with them. in the distance i see a guy with a misfits hoodie and a yankee baseball cap. it was him.
"hey there you come here often?" i giggle at that.
" yes i do actually. anyways, you ready?"
" ready when you are." we rode silent for a bit.
" so who's that?"
" oh, my dog! her names daisy. this is one of her favorite things to do. when she gets tired i just carry her but she doesn't do that very often."
"nice. i could get a pet but that's too much work."
" yeah it could be when you're irresponsible!" i stick out my tongue. he shoves me in response but i fall over. luckily the catches me.
" i'm sorry bout that. are you ok?"
i had my dog in my hand. his arms were around my waist and was facing me. his hands were soft but also rough and pretty cold too. my face became beat read.
" o-oh yeah! i'm fine! thank you for catching me!"
"i'm sorry i shoved you i wasn't thinking"
" nah it's ok don't worry bout it"
"you sure?"
" yeah i'm sure" it was awkward for a bit. i arrived home and he took me back.
" thanks. today was fun!" he said as he smiled. i enjoyed it when he smiled.
" yeah! i did too! bye schlatt!"
i turn around but he hugs me. my face turns red again. we stay in the hug for about 45 seconds before letting go.
"bye aria."