Chapter 8

(WARNING: Mentions of smut. Mild, not explicit.)

You were baffled, your eyes wide and face flushed, your lips stayed still against Yoongi's. You were looking at him, but he had his eyes closed, unmoving soft lips formed a pout to kiss your own lip glass coated par. It was like that for what seemed like a long lazy five minutes but you did nothing to push him off and he didn't show any signs of pulling away either. You tightened your fists for the duration and forgot to breathe.

Yoongi finally pulled away, looking straight at you, his own sugar white cheeks blooming the softest colour of pink. He looked the same otherwise – bored, uninterested, done with everything sort. You on the other hand, were stunned beyond words, choking on air and swallowing down lumps of dry saliva.

You blinked at him, and he just turned his head to face the wall beside him.

"I did that," he began, "only to get your attention. So don't get the wrong idea."

Disbelief took over your emotions. "Wait, what?"

"Just forget about Jackson alright? I get that you're sad but there is no use in wasting tears over something that's out of your control," he said, still looking at the wall.

But the thought of Jackson leaving had already left your mind; that didn't bother you anymore. Yoongi had kissed you – on the freaking lips! And how could he act so nonchalant about that?

He shrugged and went out of your bedroom, after letting you know he was getting his extra blankets.

But you wanted answers.

You followed him down the stairs and yanked his wrist so he looked at you. "Wait," you started, "do you like me?"

Yoongi felt frustrated, "No! I don't! I told you not to get the wrong idea Y/N!"

"How am I supposed to not get the wrong idea? You kissed me, you realize?"

"I know! But I only did that to get your attention!"

"There are other ways of getting my attention than just kissing me y'kow!"

"You wouldn't shut those lips of yours so I did them for you, that's it!"

Your faces were mere inches away from each other, both red from either anger or fluster. You both were panting heavily, it was like a remake of the fight you had before leaving to go out to meet Jackson, but this time your faces were much closer.

Yoongi's mind was clouded with irritation, but somewhere at the back of his mind he was admiring your face, though he would never admit it in a million years. You were beautiful now that he paid attention, his heart beat faster as he looked at your soft lips, and he suddenly had the urge to kiss them again. He had an idea of what was going on.

"Why was that the only way of shutting me up?" you asked after some silence, "why was that the way that came into your mind? If you like me then –"

"I don't fucking like you!" he spat at your face, and saw it mould the emotion of hurt. What your face showed was what Yoongi's heart experienced. Hurt. Ache. But he continued speaking – "I don't like you! Ok Y/N! Why the hell would I like you? I know that you've done a lot for me and I am grateful but what? You expect me to suddenly develop feelings for you? Just cause you helped me out? You are just someone that supports me, and once I finish my education and get a job, I will leave. I will repay whatever you've spent on me. And then we can finally become strangers!"

Every word that left his mouth hit you and brought tears at the edge of your eyelashes. He revealed what he really thought of you. But you won't cry – Yoongi was a selfish little brat. You aren't going to get affected by such a brat's words. So you laughed humourlessly.