11

"Channie look! Snow!"

Felix ran up to the window, watching the snow fall on the large terrace he looked at.

*meow*

"Channie I love this one! I wanna live here!" He meowed turning around to the older.

It was Saturday and the two were viewing the new penthouse they were thinking about moving into.

Chan reached to slip his hands around his waist, pulling him close to his body.

"You like this one sweetheart?"

*meow*

"Yes Channie! Can we live here? Pretty please! I get my own closet too! And the tub is ginormous Channie!" He meowed.

"Well what my kitty wants, my kitty gets. I'll go ahead and sign off on it, and we can move in after Christmas. How does that sound?"

"Yay! Thank you Channie! I love you so much! You're the best owner in the world!

He jumped onto Chan, knocking them to the ground as usual.

"Ow..."

Felix was purring as he rubbed his face in Chan's neck, just then the real estate agent had approached them.

"Oh...um...so what do you two think of the place?" She giggled.

Chan looked up to her with a shy smile.

"We'll take it"
~

"Channie I love it so much!"

The two were back home as Felix kept jumping around.

"I'm glad you do sweetheart, how's about we order some food and look at furniture? The place is much larger, so we can add some things" he smiled as he followed Felix into the living room.

"Ok Channie!" He jumped running to him.

"Perfect, I'll go run the water for bath time and be back out in a minute to get you" he kissed Felix on the head before walking into their room.

Felix was meowing and purring as he kept jumping around.

Yay! The new place is so pretty!

His attention was caught by a bird he saw fly on the balcony, hopping around in the snow.

*meow*

"BIRDY!"

Felix run up to the window as he meowed at the bird moving around. He didn't realize how close he was to the Christmas tree as he pressed his face against the glass, letting out small meows.

The bird then flew off into the direction of where their bedroom is.

"BIRDY COME BACK!" He meowed as he turned around to run to their room, not seeing the outlet wire for the tree under his heel from being so close to it.

"AAH!"

*CRASH*

Chan turned the water off, lifting his head as he heard the loud sound.

What the hell was that....?

He slowly walked out the bathroom to their bedroom, looking around to see where the noise came from.

"Ow..."

Just then he heard a small meow from the living room.

*meow*

"Kitten? What was-"

He walked into the living room, mouth dropping open to what he saw.

"C-Channie...."

He walked in to see their Christmas tree knocked over on the floor with Felix underneath it. There was broken glass and ornaments everywhere on the carpet as he saw the disaster of a mess.

"Oh my god kitten...." he gasped with worry as he inched closer.

*meow*

"C-Channie..." he meowed sadly as he tried to crawl from under the tree.

"No no! Sweetheart don't move. There is broken glass everywhere...I'm gonna come and get you...hold on..." he put his hands up cautiously to calm the younger down.

Felix nodded with a another sad meow as he started to whimper. The tree wasn't that heavy, but compared to how light Felix was, he couldn't move the tree off of him if he tried without hurting himself.

Chan carefully tip toed around the glass, making sure not to cut himself as he reached for Felix. He stepped in a small area that was free of it, reaching his arms out as he tried squatting.

"Baby, grab my arms"

Felix let out a meow as he grabbed Chan's forearms, pulling himself a bit closer to him.

"Ok, Good kitty. Stay just like that, I'm gonna pick you up"

Felix nodded as Chan reached further under the tree, slipping his arms around his body to pull him out slowly.

"Channie..." Felix started to tear up as he felt a pain in his back.

"It's ok baby, I got you"

Chan gently pulled him out, carrying him like a koala as the younger wrapped himself around him. He slowly and carefully tried walking over the broken glass and ornaments again, trying to get to the other side of the room.

Once he finally did, he let out a large sigh as he saw the huge mess he would have to clean up.

This is what I was afraid of...
I shouldn't have given in over ornaments...

He started to carry Felix back into their bedroom.

"Channie..."

"It's ok princess, I'll clean everything up. Don't worry about it" he kissed his head.

"Channie..."

"Yes kitten?"

"My...back hurts...a lot..."

"It hurts...?"

The tree wasn't that heavy... was it..?

"Channie...I think my sweater is wet..."

What..?

"Baby, what do you mean..."

Chan moved his hand up Felix's back, feeling it was indeed wet.

What the...

He lifted his hand to look at it, eyes going wide to see his hand covered in blood.

"What..?"

He said in a panic as he took Felix to the bathroom, setting him on the counter.

Chan looked in the mirror to see Felix's back in the reflection, almost having a heart attack to see a large spot of blood.

"Oh my god..."