YUTA

Nothing too special, just me being a bit soft so I wrote a short little something.

Enjoy :)

-----

    I was missing my boyfriend. He told me he'd come early today, but I wouldn't keep my hopes up. He never does, and I understand so I'm fine. Of course I wish his schedule was one where he could stay true to his words, but it isn't. I've come to accept it, but he still tries.

     He's the sweetest. I couldn't ask for someone better, but sometimes I wish our situation was a bit different. But maybe all the waiting is worth it?

     I stared straight at the TV as some show was being broadcast. The ticking of the single clock inside my room could be heard from my position on the couch in our living room. I focused on my breathing, not interested in the TV or the setting sun peeking through the curtains. Breathing in and out slowly. My eyelids fell, and I was asleep before I knew it.

     I felt someone's arms around my waist and a slight pressure on my side. I heard humming from behind and I knew it was my boyfriend. I shifted to turn around. "Yuta?" I saw his phone in his hand as he lifted it off from my side. "Baby? Did I wake you up?" I shook my head. "What time is it?" He checked his phone. "It just passed seven. Did you sleep long?"

     "No, probably less than an hour. He moved his hands to support my head as I faced him and I wrapped my arms around his torso. "I only slept for about an hour. But you're here...?" He tossed his phone to the side to be able to stroke the side of my head. "I told you I was coming home early."

     "Oh," I smiled at him. I moved my hand up to rest under his jawline, on his neck. I stroked his jawline, "I missed you." He moved his head forward to peck me on the forehead. "I missed you too. Do you want to eat?" I smiled widely. "It's me, of course I do."

     He pecked my cheek and grabbed my hand that was caressing his face. Getting up, he said, "Well good because I brought food." I sat up, quickly following him to our kitchen. "Wait," I stopped, "Did you carry me to our bed?" He was taking food out of a plastic bag as he responded, "Yes, baby. How could I let you sleep on the couch? You'll hurt your back." I skipped over to him and hugged him from behind.

     "Thank you, I love you." He turned around in my arms. "I love you too, now let's eat the food while it's kinda warm." I nodded and we sat down. We ate the takeout food and we talked about our day, his being fun with the boys and messing around. We finished dinner and went to cuddle on the couch and watch whatever was on. Being with him like this, though we aren't doing much and really isn't special, feels special. And I can confidently say that yes, all the waiting is worth it.