Chapter 2

"Erin?"

"What are you doing here?" Hailey asked.

But Erin didn't answer. Jay loosened the grip on her arms and stood up with her. Hailey took Erin and went back with her to the others. Jay stood there frozen for a few seconds until he finally followed Hailey. Shortly before they got back to the cars, the others came towards them. 

"Well, you caught the last one, who was under that mask?" Kim said. 

"ERIN?" said Kevin. 

They all froze. Voight went angrily to Hailey and Erin. 

"Erin, what the hell is going on? What are you doing here?"

 Erin didn't answer. She just looked down at the floor. 

"Erin, I'm talking to you." 

No answer again. 

"Erin!" yelled Hank.

She looked up and looked him right in the eye. Her eyes were like dead, all the sparkle her eyes used to have was gone. Voigt and Erin stared at each other for a few seconds with deathly glances, until Hank finally said "Halstead, Upton you take her back to the district."

 Voigt turned around and walked to his car. Hailey put Erin in the back seat while Jay got in the passenger seat and waited for Hailey. Hailey got in the driver's seat. As she got in, they exchanged glances. Meanwhile the others of the team were still standing there frozen. Kim looked confused at Adam and went to the car. Ruzek followed her and they drove off. Atwater and Rojas also made their way to their car. 

"Who is Erin?" Rojas asked. 

"She also worked for Intelligence a few years ago. She is... was one of the best detectives I know," Kevin told her. She just nodded her head.

Back at the district, they took the back entrance.Upton led Erin in. Erin's face was all bruised and scratched and she had a black eye. They hadn't noticed that before in the dark. Voigt ordered Upton to bring Erin into the interrogation room. Erin didn't say a word since she was arrested. 

She sat down on the interrogation room chair and looked into the oblivion. Another suspect sat in the interrogation room next door, one was in the cage and one was dead. Hank stood in the room behind the mirror and watched Erin as Upton came in. 

"Sarge? What are we gonna do, interrogate her?" 

"Yeah, you do that. Take Rojas with you for backup." 

Hailey nodded. She grabbed Rojas and took her into the interrogation room. 

"So, Erin, what were you doing at the house earlier and why did you run?"

Erin didn't answer. She just stared at Hailey.

 "Okay then, where'd you get the black eye?" 

Tears built up in Erin's eyes.

Erin broke eye contact and looked at the floor. 

"Erin? Everything okay?" Rojas asked. 

No answer again. 

"Erin?" Tried Upton now. 

"I'm fine," Erin finally said.

But nothing was okay, she thought back to the day it all began, it was a terrible day. She was ripped from her thoughts when suddenly the door opened and Hank burst in. 

"I'll take it from here."

Upton and Rojas nodded and left the room. 

Voight was staring at Erin. She was still looking at the ground. After a few minutes, Hank said, 

"Erin, what the hell is going on?" 

Erin looked at Hank, but didn't say anything. 

"Talk to me," Voight said in a slightly louder voice. 

"What the hell do you want me to say? That I'm sorry and this is all just a misunderstanding?" yelled Erin. 

"Erin l..." 

"Don't, you're wasting your time here." said Erin.

Hey guys ;) Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed it. I will update as soon as I can ;)