Book I: Inyanga's Star - Introduction

A new student doesn't think her mother understands how magic works. Inyanga Numbia will be the first in her family to go to Magicians' College, and she's going to find out.

Inyanga's Star Characters

Although it takes place in another world, Constellations features names that are words in English, like Bay, Storm, and Song, as well as other languages with origins all over our world. Their names all have meanings that are nouns, concrete and abstract.

Inyanga Kyu Numbia

Inyanga: Moon in Ngoni. Daughter of Kyuma, Numbia family

Kyuma Ama Numbia

Kyuma: Iron in Ngoni. Daughter of Amandla, Numbia family

Amandla Inya Numbia

Amandla: Strength in Ngoni. Daughter of Inyanze, Numbia family

Amafu Lizulu

Amafu: Cloud in Ngoni. Lizulu (meaning Heaven in Ngoni) family

Yǔyún Nimbus Yue 雨云

Yue: pronounced you-eh, Moon in Chinese

Yǔyún Nimbus Mingxia 雨云明霞

Mingxia: pronounced Ming-Shah, Bright Halo or Glow in Chinese

Storm Gloriam

Maestra Alondra, Lark in Spanish, professor

Doctor Natsu, Summer (in Japanese)

Doctor Asakaze, her daughter, Wind in Japanese, pronounced A-sa-Ka-zeh

Luz, Light in Spanish

Canción, Song in Spanish

Feedback from speakers of any of these languages welcome and encouraged, on pronunciations and translations.

Introduction

Inyanga's Star started out as a short story, but as I wove in two or three more story ideas, it has grown into something more. It's now a novella. It seems to be shifting and evolving. Thanks to everyone who has joined me for this experimental interconnected series as it grows as if with a mind of its own!

This book now contains more of the series: a collection of interconnected Constellations. After the Inyanga's Star, you will find more and more 'books' and short stories in the same world.

I'm jokingly beginning to refer to it as The Infinite Series. I hope that you'll enjoy the show!

Constellations is a series of interconnected stories

Constellations is a series of interconnected stories. Though the world is fantasy, it's inspired by real lives, real students, real workers, real obsessions, addictions, and loves, and dreams. That can be said of most every work of fiction, yet I mention it as a reminder that stories bring us together in all of our struggles, passions, upsets and victories. In all of our journeys.

I hope you will join me to see where Inyanga's takes her. If you like my work, please star or share it, to give me a hand with mine.