Chapter 3 - Leon

By the time I get home it is gone six in the evening. As I walk down the road to my house having landed a few blocks away (I would never give my parents the satisfaction of knowing I fly home) I see they have thrown another fund-raising party. Parked outside the house and all along the road are old school superhero cars, complete with stupid logos. The music is blaring from inside the house and as I step inside I almost collide with a scantly dressed woman I vaguely recognise. 

'Oops, watch out there sweetie.' She winks at me, then stops. 'Oh are you Technoman's son?'  

'Yeah, I am,' I mutter trying to squeeze past her so I can escape to my room. She takes hold of my arm and I can smell the alcohol on her breath. 

'Well aren't you just the cutest little thing?' Her accent is really annoying and her pink Lycra bodysuit squeezes her boobs so they are practically popping out from her body, making it difficult to look anywhere else. 

'Excuse me.' I shake her off and almost reach the stairs when I am accosted by my mother. She is wearing her superhero costume, red, orange and yellow with coloured bolts on it. It is embarrassing to have a middle aged mother dressing in an outfit that would look good on a twenty year old woman.  

'Leon!' She gives me a big hug. 'Come into the kitchen, there is someone special I want you to meet.' 

'Mum-' I start to protest but she is already dragging me into the kitchen. 

'Leon, this is-' 

'Casey Summers, yeah I know.' I reply in a dead voice. It is not like I have not seen the guy on TV a thousand times. Casey is only three years older than me, he is about my height with floppy blonde hair and bright blue eyes. All the girls in the entire world are practically in love with him. It makes me sick. Just looking at the guy makes me feel ill. I do not know if it is cos I am jealous of all the attention from females he gets or the fact that he has the power to get inside someone's mind, which makes me wary of the guy. Very wary.  

'Hi, Leonardo, it is good to meet you,' Casey says in his suave voice. He reaches forward and shakes my hand. 'Firebolt has told me so much about you.' He gives mum a dazzling smile and she swoons. 

'Really? Because she did not even mention to me that she knows you,' I reply coldly. Casey raises an eyebrow. 

'She did not? That is strange, after all, she and Technoman threw this party for me.' 

'Why would you need a fund-raiser event when you are so rich already?' I half snap, half smirk. Casey does not seem impressed. And neither does my mother for that fact. 

'Leonardo!' she scolds. 'This man is a guest in our house! You could show him a few manners!' She bustles off to get a drink, leaving me alone with Casey Summers. We look at each other for a moment or two. I can tell Casey does not like me much. 

'Are you going to mind-fuck me into liking you now?' I ask Casey. 

'Mind-fuck?' Casey laughs. 'I don't mind-fuck people, Leonardo.'  

'Then what do you call it?' 

'Psionic powers. Or, telepathy, if you like.' 

'Fucking powerful telepathy then,' I say coldly. Casey laughs again. 

'You do not like me much, do you, Leonardo?' 

'Nope, not really.' I am not going to try and hide that fact I dislike this man. 

'Why not? We have never met before, I don not recall doing anything to upset you in particular.' Casey speaks with a reasonable voice but I imagine he probably wants to kill me for not liking him or something, he is the sort of guy who loves to be loved.