Chapter 4: The night.

My short break is done, I'm bacc from the dead ;w; I'm so sorry for the lack of update. My cat catcged a fever and I've been taking care of him. I hope y'all understand -

[Unedited]

No one's POV

"In that case, I'll be the one explaining. "

Kaito said as he watch the two of you eat.

"The demons here looked the same and the two of you. They wear demon slayer uniform too. They like to disguise themselves as humans to lure their prey in. "

Kyojuro nodded and keep listening. You pictuted them in your mind and listened careully.

"The peoples here probably thought the demons can now walk in the sun."

You frowned and gulped down your food

"So in short they thought we were demons? "

Kaito chuckled nervously and scratched his hair and nodded.

"Yes... "

He then turn serious again and put a finger infront of his mouth.

"But, if you're going to fight them make sure to be quiet. "

The two of you furrowed your eyebrows. He then put down his finger and looked at the window.
It's already dark outside.

"The demons here have a incredible hearings. And they can see your every move too. Not to mention many demon slayer have been killed here. "

You looked at the window and think for A bit. Something seems off about kaito. You turn your head to him and squint your eyes a bit.

"How do you know all about this? "

The room went quiet. No one spoke a word. Kyojuro was about to reach for his sword when kaito speak.

"I... "

He looke on the ground. His voice is shaky. Now you kinda feel guilty.

"My... My fiance is one of them... She became a demon and she doesn't remember me. She became a demon in front of my eyes. "

Tears fell in his eyes as he sobs. Your heart breaks in million pieces hearing this. You instantly feel guilty.

He sobs and wipes the tears in his eyes, he then stood up and bow.

"I'm sorry. Please excuse me. "

He then ran out of the room. You finished your foood and drank your water.

You've only met kaito earlier but you feel bad about what happened earlier.

You stood up and fixed your uniform and haori. You grabbed the hilt of your sword and walk to the door.

"Let's go. "

Kyojuro quickly finished his food and stood up and followed after you.