Even Blaise

Chapter 3
------------
"Or were my jokes just that bad?" Blaise smirked. "No..-" Scarlett said with a wobbly voice. Blaise heard the crack in her voice and put his hand on her shoulder, trying to comfort her. He didn't really know what else to do. He thought he wasn't so good at comforting someone, so he hoped he had heard it wrong. "Are you okay?" Blaise carefully asked her. Scarlett waited a moment before saying something but then answered with the same crack in her voice: "Yes". But her face and voice replied differently and they both knew it. "I just...I just miss him, Blaise. What if we will never see him again? What if... something has already happened and we just don't know it? We never asked for this. It's so unfair." Blaise was thinking of an answer when Scarlett leaned her head on his shoulder and tears started to roll down her cheeks. "I know." Blaise sighed. "So unfair." Blaise said while wiping a tear away himself.

Blaise had left and Scarlett was sitting on her bed. She was almost done packing when she came across the letter... Again... Scarlett couldn't stop herself from rereading the letter over and over again. How could he say she had always been perfect?! How could he think she wouldn't want him anymore because he became a death eather without wanting to? And then that one sentence... 'Or if you just don't want me anymore'. Where did that come from?! The whole letter made her feel terrible. And especially the 'keep me in your memory' part. The more she reread the letter, the more it started to feel like a goodbye. A real goodbye. Like if Draco knew something would happen to him and they would never see each other again.

The letter was crumpled and some words were fading away. Especially the 'Scarley' and the 'Yours' had become quite blurry.