10 /| a mission

[chapter ten]

"STEVE IS GOING TO KILL US," Savannah said laughing as she put blue eyeliner on Pietro

"STEVE IS GOING TO KILL US," Savannah said laughing as she put blue eyeliner on Pietro. He'd agreed to be her makeup canvas after she jokingly bragged about her makeup skills.

Now they were holed up in her bathroom, skipping their training. She never skipped training, but she wasn't in the mood for it. "I'll let you take the fall since he likes you more," he replied smiling. His accent was faint.

"Look up," she told him. Savannah swiped the eyeliner on him with precise hands, and moved onto the next eye. She made sure not to touch him. She saw him looking at her, his eyes electric and thoughtful. "What?"

He looked at her like he knew everything about her, like he knew all her secrets, even the ones she didn't realize she was keeping. Yet, there was never an ounce of judgement in his expression, and that made her gravitate to him.

"Nothing."

She stopped her work and eyed him. Without thinking she reached out and moved a stray lock of his silver hair out of his face. His hair was wild, and she was sure if he wanted to he could tie it up. "Just say it." She snatched her hand away from his skin before the desire for his energy could kick in. She'd been doing good and hadn't even thought about taking energy from him. He offered sometimes when he could tell that the fatigue was becoming unbearable, but she always denied. She would get what she needed from anyone other than him.

"It's common knowledge," he chuckled. She sucked her teeth at him and moved off her bathroom counter, his eyes perfectly lined. She hated when he tried to be mysterious.

She gestured for him to look at the mirror, the bathroom lights bright. "Look, I'm good aren't I?" The liner made his eyes look a thousand times bluer. She was proud of her work, and he seemed to be proud of her.

"Very nice," he agreed, looking at himself in the large mirror. His grey t-shirt had a few smudges of makeup on it but neither of them commented on that.

Savannah smiled and looked at her phone. Training was well over by now. "Let's go show Wanda or something." She passed him and threw open the door to the bathroom only to let out a short scream. "Oh my God." Pietro was next to her in an instant. Vision was standing in the middle of her room, wearing a polo shirt and dark slacks. The outfit was what he usually wore but it still never ceased to surprise her. His walking through walls also surprised her.

"I am sorry Savannah," he began, his voice ever-formal. "But I knocked and you did not come to the door. Captain Rogers is looking for you two, it seems urgent."

Sav took a deep breath, trying to calm her heart. "We'll find him. Thanks." He nodded before exiting through her door. She pulled her hair from it bun, and it fell to her shoulders. "Let's go before he comes for us himself."

They walked silently to Cap's office, where he was waiting for them.

"We had a mission briefing today." Steve sat back in his chair, looking between the pair. "You two would've known if either of you bothered to show up to training today."