008 (knox overstreet imagine)

a/n- this is going to be a continuation of your first argument with knox. sorry i haven't been updating much, i'm trying to get back into the swing of things but online school is taking up a lot of time. i'm trying my best though, hope you're all am doing well and staying safe 💕

you were sitting in your room studying for the chemistry test tomorrow when knox came running into your room.
"ah knoxious i see you're home, how was dinner?" you asked him. he had been nervous about going to this dinner ever since his parents told him about it so you were curious to hear about how it went.
"it was awful. terrible!" he replied rather unhappily.
you frowned. "and why is that?"
"because, i met the most beautiful girl in the world tonight." he dreamily sighed.
that's when you felt a tinge of jealousy start to bubble up inside of you. you thought he was gonna tell you about how the food was awful, or how it was extremely awkward, not about how he met the most 'beautiful girl in the world'. despite you're noticeable frown he continued to swoon over the mystery girl.
"her name is chris. she had short blond hair and she was wearing a black turtle neck with a long white skirt. she had bright blue eyes. she was just so gorgeous, it's unbelievable! i think i'm in lov-"
"shut up." i cut him off before he could finish his sentence. i couldn't stand to hear him say he loves a girl that isn't me.
"pardon?" he looked at me confused and a tad hurt by my use of words and tone.
"did i stutter? shut up." i said with a little more aggression. looking back on it, that probably wasn't the best way to deal with the whole situation but i needed to shut him up quickly because i couldn't bear to hear the rest of the sentence.
"what the hell? why are you telling me to shut up, i thought you wanted to hear about my night?" his voice was laced with confusion as he spoke to me.
"i asked to hear about your night and you started off by telling me about the most beautiful girl in the world and how you were i love with her. you know how that makes me feel? do you know what it's like to be in love with your best friend of 3 years and have him tell you he loves a girl after he just met her? no, you don't. if you haven't realised yet, i love you. i'm in love with you, so unless you reciprocate those feelings i suggest you leave." tears we're selling in my eyes by the end of my little outburst. this isn't how i wanted him to find out but it's too late now. knox stood up and walked over to the door.
"i-i'm sorry." he whispered before walking out and shutting the door behind him. i sat on my bed and cried. i cried until i couldn't anymore.

~time skip~

it's been about a week since the incident. i had not only been avoiding knox, but i've been avoiding all of the boys. i knew he told them what i said so i decided that avoiding them was my best bet.

i sat in the library doing some math homework when i saw the boys walk in. they're eyes frantically scanned the library as if they were looking for someone. turns out they were, and that someone was me. they ran over to me and started telling me that knox was a mess and that he wanted to apologise but he couldn't bring himself to talk to me. they said he was in his dorm and that i should go to talk to him, so i did.

i arrived at his dorm for the first time in a week. it felt weird, this is the first major 'falling out' we've ever had. i approached his door and softly knocked.
"go away." he called out.
i opened the door a bit and what i saw was heartbreaking. there was knox, lying on his bed, surrounded by tissues with a red and puffy tear stained face. i approached him and cautiously sat at the end of his bed, not knowing how he'd react. he stared at me for a few seconds before registering that i was actually there. he hopped up and grabbed my hands, he started apologising profusely while more tears started streaming down his face. i pulled my hands away from him and just hugged him. he squeezed me tightly and buried his head in the crook of my neck. his crying turned into sobbing. he started apologising again while telling me that chris meant nothing to him. i hated seeing him like this but i couldn't deny the slight happiness i felt when he said that. i softly rubbed circles onto his back to calm down. once his breathing became even and he had stopped crying we pulled away from each other. we stared into each other's eyes for a few seconds before knox leaned in and kissed me. i know it's cliche but i felt sparks go off when his lips met mine. i missed him back with so much emotion and passion to show him how much he meant to me. words couldn't describe what was going on between us. we pulled away and once again leaned into each other's comforting embrace.

a/n- sorry this wasn't that good. i'm not that good at writing imagines but hopefully i'll get better.