The royal escape

The air is cold as it wicks the tears from my face. How could father do this? I ride off into the night, the castle shrinking away behind me. My mind keeps flashing back to that moment. King:The day has come my son, that you must do what needs to be done.
I need to get away, run , and never go back. It's but one week past my 17th birthday; I'm still just a boy. I keep thinking back to the look in that poor woman's eyes, the words falling from my father's lips King: kill her. Who does he think I am? For I know, I am not a killer.
The lights of the village are growing nearer. I pick up the pace, the sound of butterscotch galloping through the forest fills the air. The darkness begins to fade, the dawn arising upon us. I have to reach the docks before the boats leave.
I slow to a trot as I enter the village. I see an old women pushing a cart much to large for her frail arms. I hoped off butterscotch and grabbed her by the reins. Charming: Excuse me ma'am. I hand her the reins. She looks up at me with a face of great confusion. Charming: I am heading on a great journey and can not take her with me, would you care for her. She nods bashfully.
I am running out of time, the sun is beginning to peak Over the horizon I break into a sprint. As soon as I reach the harbor I sneak aboard a ship and jump in a crate that was filled half way with rice, and I wait.