CHAPTER 16|• Yeet •

Hearing Aoyama scream, Sora, who was on the deck of the departing vessel, snapped her neck around to the bay, and saw him.

"AOOOO!!!" She screamed back, tears leaking out of her eyes.
"I LOVE YOU, DON'T FORGET ME!!!"

"There was a girl that young on the forces?" Someone whispered.

"That's horrible."

"She's still so small."

Aoyama paid no mind to the people around him.

"Sora! You promised you'd marry me when we were small didn't you?! Come back!" his voice cracked.

"I'm sorry Ao!" She cried, "I'm sorry!"

Aoyama heart dropped to his feet, his limbs were frozen and his eyes were hot. The painful feeling continued to stab his chest, and his lungs felt like they were being ripped apart.

"Sora!" He screamed again, clutching the clothing covering his heart that hurt so much. "SORA!"

Saito was departing the next day, and was standing on the dock next to Aoyama. He grabbed Aoyama's shoulder gently, trying to comfort the boy.

Sou watched curiously as Kohaku pressed a finger to his ear(?)

"What are you doing?"

Kohaku ignored him, and whispered, "Alright, go, now." perhaps it was to himself, Sou wasn't sure. Kohaku continued, "Are the negotiations going well?"

"Haku?"

"Three,"

Sora suddenly disappeared from the side of the deck.

"Two,"

Distant yells were heard from the boat.

"One,"

Sora was... floating?

"Go!"

Sora was thrown off the boat towards the dock.

"YEET!" Someone in the crowd yelled.

"Catch her, pretty boy!" one of the soldiers screamed.

Lifting his arms, he caught Sora's slim frame, her body landing perfectly into his hands.

He stared at her, admiring her amber-colored eyes, her pink lips, and her long, lilac-tinted hair. And before Sora could process what was going on, Aoyama's lips were pressed against hers, his hand buried in her hair.

Needless to say, the crowd cheered, some crying, and some laughing happily.

The soldiers gave a thumbs up to Aoyama, "You'd better take good care of her!"

"I will!" he screamed back.

Looking back at Sora, he smiled at her pink-dusted cheeks, and gently let her down onto the ground and hugged her tight.

"You scared me, Sora." he whispered into her ear.

"I'm sorry, I should have told you."

Aoyama smiled.

"We're going home."

Aoyama, still carrying Sora, began to shove his way through the crowd, swiftly dodging bodies and coming out untouched. People screamed words of encouragement and congratulations at them as they walked away to get a taxi.

Sou nudged Kohaku.

"You planned this from the start, didn't you?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about~"