Chapter 3

(My fav part of the series. No joke. ^^^)

I realize that Percy fell asleep again and I look at the clock. Breakfast is in 10 minutes. I groan, I really don't want to wake him up, he looks so peaceful. Urgh, but he needs to wake up now. "Percy." I say softly, gently shaking. He groans and mumbles something unintelligible then pushes his face into my chest, nuzzling impossibly closer. Ugh, this is torture. "Wake up, wake up." I tell him quietly, gently prodding him. "C'mon Perce, breakfast starts in 5 minutes." He sighs then stretches and yawns. I hand him one of my favorite outfits on him then I put on a similar one, except in my trademark color, black. Percy goes to the back of the cabin to get dressed and I rush to the mirror, hoping that my sleepless night isn't obvious. It doesn't show to the point that it's clear I got little to no sleep, but it wouldn't stand under scrutiny, either. The bad thing is the little sleep I got did nothing to help my meager energy supply. I sigh and splash water on my face to help me wake up a little bit. Just then Percy walks in. "Breakfast time. I'm hungry." He says and I grin. "Good, let's go and sit down at our joined tables. I see Percy glancing at the Artemis table and see that the hunters are here. I grin secretly, sweet! Capture the Flag here we come! Percy and I grab chocolate chip waffles with butter. I drown mine in syrup then grab a pomegranate along with the waffles. I make an offering to my dad and Aphrodite (you can probably guess why). Percy makes his offering then comes and sits down next to me at his table. "Hey Perce, I'm going for a swim today. Care to join?" I ask, trying to hide my shyness. "Sure." He says nonchalantly and I grin. Yes! He's going to swim with me! "Great! I'm glad that you have decided to join me!" I say, sending a small smile his way. A look of shock and surprise passes over his face, only to be replaced by sadness. Uh oh, he's thinking about her again. I sigh and look down at my untouched plate. Why can't I do anything right?! I just want to be there for him, be able to make him smile when nobody else can! Instead, I'm making him frown. I sigh in despair. Maybe...... Maybe he's better off without me here to make him remember his dead love. Perhaps it's better if I just... Leave. "Nico." He says, breaking me out of my thoughts. I look over at him. "I'm sick of being sad." He says, "I wanna smile a real smile again." I can tell that he means it, so I push my dark and morbid thoughts aside and decide to help him. "Alright, Percy, smile time! How do I get you to smile? Oh! I know!" I exclaim, putting on my silliest face. According to Bianca, that is.... No! No sad thoughts! Save that for when you're alone and nobody is there to see you break down! He grins, "There!! We have gained a lead and are now closer to our goal! Point one for Di Angelo, point zero for frowny face!" I cheer, dancing a little in my seat. Percy laughs and I grin in return, happy because he's happy. "Thanks Nico, for everything." He slides his hand over to mine and places it on top. I turn my face away slightly so he can't see the obvious blush on my pale features. He doesn't move his hand until it's time to go. We part ways to get our swim trunks on, and I practically sprint to get to my cabin. Once inside, I let out a (manly) squeal. Oh my gods, he practically held my hand! Eeeee! Once my fanboy moment is over, I quickly get my black swim trunks on and grab a black towel, opting to go barefoot. I head to the lake and see Percy already there with his little mermaid swim trunks and towel. I chuckle under my breast and set my towel next to his. He looks at me, then my towel, and shakes his head. "Nico, do you own any colored clothing besides black? And gray doesn't count." He adds the last part as I open my mouth to reply. I shrug, not able to tell him honestly that I do. What? There's not much happiness in my life.