V1: Chapter 1

(Gashan)

A high-pitched noise reverberated indoors.
The noise, which would make one close their ears with both their hands reflexively, was produced by a man, who seemed to be in his mid 30’s,  growing a Kaiser beard, holding a staff which shined with a black lustre, and donning a high-collared military uniform. He had smashed a huge vase, which was about 1 meter tall, with the staff grasped in his right hand.
White petals fluttered down, as the leaking water spread onto a deep crimson carpet.

「How will you take responsibility for this!?」

「I am extremely sorry! Please forgive me……!」

「Don’t screw around, you inferior woman!」

The man’s face was dyed with anger. The phrase, demonic expression, indicated his facial features perfectly in the current situation.
Like a raging fire, in his anger, which was as though it couldn’t be satisfied by merely smashing a vase, he was using foul language to abuse the servant in front of him, who was on her knees, bowing her head down and offering words of apology while crying.

There was also the appearance of a young woman, wearing a resplendent dress, hugging a young boy and looking at the servant with scorn in her eyes, next to the man. At a glance, it seemed as though the man in the military uniform and the woman in the dress were verbally assaulting a lone servant.
Comprehending the current state of affairs, Hirasawa Kazuki came to the following conclusion.

(……Maybe, this is a game event?)

It might seem like a flustered and crazy conclusion, but there was a reason this conclusion was reached – Kazuki recognized this figure and this scene.
Presently, the sequence of arguments unfolding in front of him bore a resemblance to a scene in the single-player RPG – 『Brave Hearts』, which was up for sale a few years ago.

He was able to recall it instantly because he was a fan of the game, and no other reason. Even the fingers on both hands weren’t enough to count the number of times he had completely played the game.
There was no mistake, since the dialog of the characters in each event scene was more-or-less memorized.

The man in the military uniform and the woman in the dress were the parents of a character appearing in the game, and the servant begging for forgiveness while crying was the mother of the main character of the game.

Grasping the circumstances up until there, Kazuki, who was being hugged by the woman in the dress from some time, falls into a state of extreme confusion and comes to a standstill.
Why are the characters of a game moving; in the first place, is this reality; is something happening to my body.

His thoughts were racing with each emerging question.
Abruptly being dropped into this scene of fighting, to which his comprehension couldn’t catch up, a single thing was clear.

(I’ll be troubled if I’m thrown into such a depressing event all of a sudden though!?)

For argument’s sake, if the current scene were to trace the scenario of the game,  then the servant, Clara’s, life was in an extremely precarious situation.
Based on Kazuki’s thoughts, it could be guessed that this is an event where the servant is killed. Clara’s life is taken by the hands of Harold, the son of the man in the military uniform.

(Where is Harold, the vital character? If I’m not mistaken, in this scene, his anxious mother is………eh, no way)

And then, Kazuki realizes a fact which comes as a huge blow – That his current position is the same as Harold’s.
A certain uncomfortable feeling rose up like a link. It was a concern about the height of his field of view.
Even though he was firmly standing on both his legs, his field of view was considerably lower.