FOUR.

ETHAN'S POV

my eyes travel around the hallways as i walk over to the locker room, already a little late for practice.

quickly i change into my lacrosse clothes, rushing out of the door and onto the field. the coach his eyes land on me which causes the rest of my team to turn around too.

"sorry for being late, my locker wasn't having it today." my hand runs through my hair, pushing it out of my face. that wasn't true, i was on the phone with grayson who is no longer suspended but still decided not to go to school. i get that stuff has been tough for him lately but it hasn't been easy for me either yet I'm still taking responsibility for the things i have to do. 

i receive a nod and an annoyed look. "be on time next practice." is all he says before he continues to tell us that we have to run three rounds around the field, which we all quickly follow up on. 

"sup dolan." i hear from behind me before he catches up with me, jaden appearing into my sight.  i nod my head at him as a greeting. "so you have been hanging out with rylan, any intentions behind that?" his voice is stern and direct. both of them are known for being best friend and there are hundreds of rumours going around about them being more than that. whatever the case is between them, he is very protective over her that is for sure. 

"she's a great girl and fun to be around, but no intentions like that man." i said truthfully. i felt a connection between us ever since she came over to my house for the project. i wasn't great in being just friends with a girl but i think that could really be the case between rylan and i which was a really good feeling. 

i get no reply and the rest of the practice i get some glares send my way. him and i were friends, not close or anything but we could get along well. however i know he would put her over anything and i don't take it personal. i don't remember knowing jaden without rylan by his side because he has never been without her. 

quickly i change in the locker room, not wanting to be late and have rylan waiting at my house or bump into grayson again. i tried asking him what the weird act was all about but he never gave an answer to that question. wouldn't be surprised if he just has a small crush, can't deny that she's insanely hot. 

the drive home was short and my eyes land on the unfamiliar car, which must be hers. i hope she hasn't been waiting for too long. 

RYLANS POV.

only around 15 minutes after school ended i already pulled up to ethan his house, wondering if he was home himself yet. if he wasn't grayson may be.

i hop out and walk over to the door, ringing the bell and waiting patiently. just like last time the door opens slowly, revealing grayson. only now he doesn't seem as shocked.

"he isn't home yet, come in." his hair is a bit messy and his voice raspy, which was an extremely attractive look on him. honestly i doubt if he can ever look bad, he seems like one of those people who looks good at all times. 

i send him a smile as i walk into the house, my eyes traveling over the pictures hanging on the wall. a picture of two little boys, which were obviously them, together with who I'm guessing is their dad. another picture that seems rather recently with a girl in the middle of them who looks a lot like them. 

a soft cough behind me snaps me out of my thoughts, my head turning to face him. "want anything to drink?" he breaks our eye contact as he walks into the living room, a place i hadn't been before. they had a nice house.

"just a glass of water please." i take a seat at the table, my hand running through my hair. 

he sits down next to me, placing the glass in front of me. "thanks." i take a sip and look at him. now that i see him from close up i see a small cut on his jaw which seems to be slowly healing. everytime i notice something new about this boy my curiosity grows. he was so mysterious to me, a mystery i wanted to know more about.