So That's What Happened...

(Author's note: In this chapter there'll be a talk of abusive parenthood, drug, and drowning. as it might trigger some people I'll put a warning before and highlight the paragraph like this so that you can safely skip it!)

Allen's pov
I stared at Oliver for a quite long time, waiting for him to give up on all this story

I did not give up
He did not give up
...
I gave up.

Sighing I looked off into the distance, I didn't want to do this but it seemed like I couldn't do otherwise. Oliver was waiting with eyes full of hope looking up at me, I gave myself a moment to look down at him, thinking again about the small but amusing height difference, then,,
It's time
'You see, I was born in a normal and loving family. As you know I have a brother, we're sons of the same mother but a different father, Matt is the second child, the younger one.' I started, Oliver interrupted me 'See? Why didn't you want to talk about i-' he started saying '-But' I stopped him 'Mom died because of a deadly illness when we were still teens, not so many years ago, regarding my age then and now.'
I heard Oliver gasp, but somehow he managed to understand that I wasn't done talking, and he stayed silent 'So basically.. After mom's death, dad went completely nuts, and started hating on us for no apparent reason. He said it was our fault for stressing her out too much as a mother, and that would have worsened her situation more and more, making the illness take her over and kill her.

Warning!! TW!!
(this is still Allen talking for those who can read)

'He first started yelling at us, but anyone would call it "normal" after the loss of a loved one, being all upset over it and stuff.
Then he started using us as his servants: whenever he ordered something we must have been quiick or he'd yell at us. Then the worse, he hit me with a broken glass beer bottle after his favorite baseball team lost a game. It happened more and more timess as the months flew by, I lost my tooth in one of those many occasions, he had tried to punch my brother but I put myself in between them.
But we grew tired of it.
Once, he had ordered Matt to bring him a beer, what he didn't knowwhile drinking it was tht we had drugged it, pouring in a whole bottle of sleeping medicine. In the meantime I was filling up our bathtub with water, his sleep caused from the medicine overdose was so heavy that even after we dumped him in the tub he didn't wake up, not even once to breathe, and that's how we killed him.
It was all clssified as suicide by the police, the presene of drugs in his stomach explained by the medical receipt that assigned it, and we got no fault about not stoppig him, because it was late night and we said we found out when Matt woke up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet'

From here you can go on and read!

Oliver's pov
I couldn't possibly believe to anything that he was saying, but Allen didn't seem like the type of guy that would openly joke about his stuff, plus his expression had noticeably changed during his speech, it was all real
'Gosh Diddly I...'  I started saying, but Allen interrupted me 'You would've never thought of something similar? Yeah, everyone tells me that' he said mumbling and standing up, I stood as well 'Goodnight Doll' he murmured while he stepped away, but I didn't stop him, he probably needed some time alone, he probably wanted some time alone..

The morning after the house was oddly quiet, I did not know if Allen was still home, but I only knew that I woke up in my bed in the late morning, I missed going out
I lazily got out of my bed to go look for Allen, I wanted to have a walk, either with him or alone but I needed the house keys to do so, and only Allen knew where they were, plus going out without warning first is just rude. I lazily got up from the bed and walked to the living room where I usually would spot Allen sitting or laying on the couch, eating breakfast or watching tv, but he wasn't there. So I went in the kitchen to see if he was cooking something even if I wasn't hearing any noise, and he wasn't there.
I started panicking.
After last night's talk for me it was no good to not being able to find him, I wanted to know if he was okay, I wanted him to know that I actually cared.
Then, a sound
I turned my head to the hallway where Allen's room was, right in front of my room, then soon starting to walk towards it, passing the childhood and teenage years pictures hanging on the wall, In most of those there were only Allen and what I thought was his broter Matt, but in others there also was the presence of a grown up woman and a man, what I imagined were his parents, but I could only imagine it, because in those pictures the man's face was scribbled, erased, almost as if Allen didn't want him to appear, and the only explanation for that was that it was his father.
I arrived to the closed door of Allen's room, and yes, the sounds came from inside there.
That was...
I opened the door very slowly to not disturb him, and my idea was confirmed,
Yes, those were snores, and very loud ones to be heard to the living room through a closed door. I carefully walked up to the bed, sitting on the edge of it and staring for a moment at Allen's figure, then I decided to join him into sleep.
I laid down by his side and moved his arms to wrap around me
Oh how gay of me
I then closed my eyes and snuggled to his chest, then suddently the hold slightly tightened