Chapter One

Hello my charming critters! And welcome to my Spider-Man/Parley fanfiction! Hue hue hue, I've fallen in way too many fandoms. This was originally supposed to be a one-shot but uh... yeep. I must warn you that Peter Parker x Harley Keener are shipped in this book. So if you ain't interested in that, than you can skedaddle along now. Also, I'm very proud about the cover which yours truly edited. Anyways! Hope you enjoy. Love - Charm.

***

"Guys, I'm home!" Harley walked towards the kitchen. Auntie Nat took one glance towards him and walked off with a sad look in her eyes.

"Wait, Natasha no!" Clint reached out dramatically for her. The sound of a door slamming shut was the only response.

"Is she mad at me?" He looked over towards Steve. He shook his head solemnly.

"It's that time of month again."

Harley grimaced. "Already?" He looked over towards Clint who was looking at the hallway. "How long did she last outside?"

"About eleven hours." He sipped on some Kool-Aid.

"Hey, is that my juice pouch?!"

"Don't get distracted." He glared at Harley. "Also yes. These are surprisingly good."

Harley sat in a stool and set his backpack down, setting his homework out in the process.

"Have you guys found anything on why the spider hibernates during these times?"

"Spiders hibernate?"

"Not a single clue." Steve raised a brow at the now distracted Clint, who was now searching it up on Google. "Tell me when you find anything important in there."

"Will do."

"Anyways, I tried to talk to her but nothing came out. Although I did hear her mumble, it's her month."

"Who's month?"

"A-ha! According to Google some spiders like the fishing spider and tarantula do hibernate during winter. Others meet their fate and die." Clint read triumphantly. "Also, who's month?"

"I don't know. Perhaps her mother."

"Or sister. Or cousin. Or niece. Or grandma. OR-"

"We get it, the possibilities are endless." Steve replied, annoyed at Clint.

Harley tapped his pencil on his homework. But he wasn't focused on that. I mean, he did manage to finish it but that's not the point!

The point was that Harley finally had his first clue on why the spider was always gloomy this time of month.

After finishing up dinner with the family. Which included Steve, Bucky, Clint, Tony, Bruce, Thor, and Loki. Harley volunteered to take Natasha's dinner to her room.

Harley knocked on the door and as per usual set the plate down in front of the door.

It didn't open.

"Aunt Nat? Can we- can we talk?" He leaned against the door, listening for any movement inside. "Why did you leave when I came in? Are you mad at me?"

The last question he spoke barely in a whisper. He stumbled when he felt the door give way.

Natasha caught him and gave a sad smile. Harley hastily picked the plate off the ground and handed it over.

She gestured for him to come in. He walked inside and stood there awkwardly while Natasha ate her dinner.

"Are you um... okay?" Ya idiot, it's obvious she ain't.

She opened her mouth but no words spilled out. Instead she only nodded her head with a tight smile.

"I'm sorry that I left as soon as you came in. I'm not mad at you, I promise. It's just..."

She trailed off and continued to eat her food.

"Nevermind, just know that I love you and you don't need to worry about me."

She stood up and pushed Harley outside her room. Harley followed her instructions and the door quietly closed.

He stared at the door for a few minutes and huffed. He was gonna find out why the spider hid this time of month.

One way or another he will.

-----

At the moment, Harley was at lunch with his friends: Peter, Ned, and MJ.

He was mindlessly nibbling on his food when someone nudged him. He looked up to see Peter looking at him concerned.

"Harley you okay?"

"Huh? Oh uh... y-yeah why?" STOP STAMMERING YOU IDIOT.

"Well, I mean you were spacing out on us."

"Yeah. What are you hiding, loser?" MJ added, looking up from her book.

"Oh, nothing." He smiled at them to prove a point.

"Come on man, you can talk to us!" Ned added. "Let us help you defeat the darkness that has come to consume you."

Peter gave a dorky smile at Harley. And it made Harley's heart swell.

"Ugh. Fine."

"Hooray!" Peter smiled but put on a serious face after. "Now inform us of your case my good sir."

"Well... I have an aunt, sorta. Who, every year this month, hides away in her room. But nobody, not even her closest friend, knows why."

They all pondered about the case. MJ asked if there were particular ways she acted or any other hints.

"Uh... oh yeah! She always looks at me with this look of... of..."

"Pain?" MJ suggested.

"Sadness?" Ned added.

"Remembrance?" Peter added with a far away look in his eyes. Although nobody noticed because he quickly shook it off.

"Yeah, I guess. And there's another thing my uh... uncle heard her say. It would be her month or something like that."

They stayed quiet to let the information register.

"Maybe, she once fought aliens and had to sacrifice her relative in order to save the planet."

"Or! Hear me out. She had a miscarriage and this is the month the baby would've been born." MJ added, raining on Ned's little fantasy.

"A daughter? You think she could've had a daughter." Harley took a moment to take it all in. "That's why she looks at me strangely. Her daughter's birthday would've been this month. Why haven't I thought of this before?!"

"Are you gonna ask her about it cause I mean you can't just assume things willy nilly."

Harley agreed with Peter's statement. Plus, if they were right he couldn't bear making her have more bad memories.

"Yeah... you're right. I wouldn't wanna hurt her more." The bell rang and students got up to throw away their trash.

"I'll just ask her when it's the right time."

"Good idea!"

"Good luck with the battle."

"Later dorks."