Chapter Eight

Harley had stayed a few more minutes with Natasha. Making sure she was okay.

Of course, he couldn't really see her. But at least he could let her know he was always there for her.

While walking towards his mother's office, he pondered for a moment about Patricia.

Part of him was excited for having his theory close to the actual answer. Another part felt terrible for Patricia, who knows what happened to her?

Harley shook the thoughts away for another day. For now, he was gonna talk to his mom: Pepper Potts.

Unlike Harley, Pepper and Morgan lived in an apartment, not in the Avengers tower. Which worked out okay, since Tony and Harley can visit often unless they were busy.

He knocked on the door and walked in after being invited. Pepper smiled at him.

"What's up honey? Is your father bothering you? Or is he not getting enough sleep?"

"Well, now that you mention it..." Harley laughed and waved his hand dismissing the topic. "That's not what I'm here for. Actually I came to uh..."

Suddenly Harley froze up realizing he hadn't come out to his mom. Well shoot, now he's nervous. Pepper caught how nervous he was.

"Harley? Are you alright honey? You know you can tell me anything."

Harley swallowed before adding. "I uh... first off I'm bisexual... er at least questioning myself at the moment. Still not exactly sure about the title."

Harley looked down at the ground and noticed Pepper getting up from her seat. "Second, my crush, who's a guy, asked me out... on a date."

Pepper hugged Harley. "Oh honey. I'm so proud of you. Thank you for telling me."

Harley sighed and leaned into her motherly touch. "Thanks mom. Just uh....don't tell dad about the date thing. Knowing him he'll want to meet Peter. And I want our relationship to grow before their introduced."

"Of course honey."

"Speaking of a date, I'm really nervous about this and need a mom right now."

She smiled. "Of course honey. We're gonna fix you up so nicely that all cute boys won't resist you."

"Eh... I just want Peter though." Harley blushed as Pepper spoke more about how handsome he was and other dating tips. Mainly hovering around about just being himself.

He interrupted her advice, suddenly remembering the other news.

"Why didn't you guys tell me that the tower was hosting an overnight field trip?!"

Pepper frowned a bit and raised a brow at her son. "What do you mean overnight field trip?"

She walked back to her desk and shuffled through her papers. "Sorry honey but I have no clue what you're talking about."

"So I guess Imma have to blame dad for this." Harley said, already annoyed at his dad. How could he?! A family betrayal! It hurt what was left of his soul.

Pepper sighed, also annoyed at Stark's actions. "We'll definitely have to talk to him about it."

~~~

It was finally Friday, the day of their date and a week before the field trip. Joy. But we're gonna ignore that and focus on love~ Oh how beautifully, disgusting it is...

Anyways!

After school, Harley waited nervously for Peter at his locker. Since this was where they agreed to meet. Right?!

Oh dear gods. Please don't let this date go wrong.

Peter greeted Harley with a smile and put up his books before gesturing him to follow.

They walked outside and chatted for a bit. It seemed so normal... so perfect.

They ended up in the park and walked up to the small shops. Just exploring since Peter was always curious about what they held.

Harley smiled as Peter twisted a gear or investigated a souvenir, it was as if he was new to New York. Peter guided Harley to Delmar's Deli, there they chatted a bit and Peter introduced Delmar to Harley.

"¿Es tu novio?" (Is he your boyfriend?) Mr. Delmar smirked at Peter, who did his best to keep his composure.

"Ah... Todavía no sabemos cuál es nuestro título. Esta es nuestra primera cita." (We still don't know what our title is. It's our first date.) Harley glanced questioningly at the two.

"What the heck are you guys saying. Speak slower. Spanish is too freaking fast." He mumbled the last sentence.

Peter laughed and grabbed their subs, saying goodbye to Mr. Delmar and his cat.

"Now, where are we heading to?" Harley asked and munched on his sub.

Peter hummed and dragged them to a random neighborhood. Harley looked around curiously at the buildings, sometimes he wondered how it'd be to live in a normal house without worrying about fame and alien attacks.

Peter ended up near a classic brick apartment and started climbing the fire escape. Harley followed without hesitation.

Peter patted the ground next to him and dangled his legs at the edge of the building. By now the sun was setting and the two watched the sun set over the glimmering, sleepless city.

Some instrumental and classical music was playing nearby making the experience seem more magical. The two finished up their meal and Peter got up, reaching a hand towards Harley.

"Care to dance?" Harley blushed but proceeded to take Peter's hand. The music coincidentally changed to the waltz and the two boys started waltzing on the rooftop.

Harley took the lead since he was a little taller. Also, Peter seemed to only know the partner side of the dance.

"This- this is nice." Harley softly spoke as if the atmosphere would burst from any loud interruptions.

"Yeah." Peter smiled back. He was gonna say something else when his Spidey Sense warned him.

Unknown Entities Spotted

Peter glanced around the buildings, the feeling of being watched made his spine shiver.

Harley noticed Peter's eyes flicker here and there as if looking for something. He stopped dancing but still held onto Peter.

"Peter, is everything alright?"

"I just... have this feeling we're being watched." Peter panicked slightly, what if someone found out about his past or the agency came back for him.

As for Harley, he was confused. Who would follow two random k- wait a minute.

"We should get going." Harley suggested and held onto Peter's hand.

"Yeah." He whispered still glancing around the buildings. He actually spotted a figure but they didn't seem ready to fight.

They carefully walked down the fire escape. Peter tapped his watch which activated Karen. When Harley wasn't looking, he told Karen to scan the figures.

They waited to cross the street towards the park where they would depart and say goodbye. While crossing the street, Peter's senses shouted at him.

Fast vehicle approaching!!!

Peter reacted as quickly as possible and pushed Harley and him off the road. Barely missing a SUV zooming by.

Peter shuddered as he felt the rushing wind from the car.

"Are you alright?!"

"Yeah. Don't worry about me." Peter reassured him. He has to stop that vehicle. "Anyways I had a fun night! But I have to get going, bye!"

Before he left, he quickly pecked Harley on the lips and ran off after the car.