0.8

saturday
16:39

kokichi tucked a lock of purple hair behind his ear, waiting for shuichi.

"ugh, what's taking him so long?" kokichi mumbled, checking his watch for the third time. he was supposed to be here 10 minutes ago...

was he even coming?

kokichi let himself think about that for a good moment. it's shuichi saihara, he's never quit without notice. right?

before kokichi could move his debate onto whether he should go inside or not, shuichi's car came into view.

it was a black, 1996 ford bronco.

"i swear i've seen something like this is gta, saihara!" the smaller male laughed. shuichi laughed along.

"s-sorry i was late, i kind of had to write a file on a criminal in the area. i ended up getting carried  away, i guess. heh." shuichi nervously scratched his cheek. the phantom thief was really taking up a lot of room in his schedule.

"oh! is it that scary phantom thief you're chasing?" kokichi acted shocked, keeping up his facade. this was a humorous situation for kokichi, definitely.

"yeah. why, do you keep up with the public reports?" shuichi asked. kokichi shrugged.

"beats me. i only know who the name because amami likes police stuff and talks about the phantom thief every now and again." he turned his head to shuichi.

"anyways, let's go watch the grudge!" kokichi cheered, making shuichi laugh. this was going to be a nice date.

saturday
16:47

shuichi led kokichi into the cinema, holding his hand.

"geez! take me on a date first, saihara!" kokichi said, dramatically leaving his head back and holding his free hand to his forehead.

"t-that's what i'm doing, ouma..." the detective mumbled quietly, barely audible to kokichi. he smirked.

"that's right! you must have a pretty big crush on me, huh?" shuichi averted eye contact with kokichi as he tried to think of a response.

he couldn't just flat out say 'yes, i am in love with you ouma. i have been for weeks. please love me back if i'll cry.' to his face! or at least, maybe he will if this date actually goes anywhere. kokichi caught on to shuichi's silence pretty quickly.

"wow! you really do have a pretty big crush on me! i bet you're thinking 'yes, i am in love with you ouma. i have been for weeks. please love me back if i'll cry.' right now!" kokichi impersonated his flabbergasted date.

"h-how..?" shuichi mumbled. was kokichi secretly a psychic? kokichi smirked once again.

"you were mumbling to yourself." ah, that's explains it. shuichi tried to move onto another topic before things got more awkward than he already felt.

"so, do you want any popcorn?" he asked, walking towards the popcorn cart. looked good. kokichi gasped, looking at what was next to the popcorn cart.

"CANDY FLOSS!" he screamed. kokichi earned odd looks from at least 90% of the cinema guests, making shuichi want to bury himself in a pile of sand and never join society again.