I may never sleep tonight

(Quirrell)

It was a hard night for Quirrell. His back hurt all the time, but he didn't want to wake Voldemort, he would only be pissed because then, he couldn't sleep for hours again. So he just stayed silent and tried to sleep. What first seemed to be impossible this night, worked an hour later and he finally fell asleep.

He stood on dry ground. Very dry ground. When he looked around, there was nothing. The air was cold, cold and nearly as dry as the ground. He coughed. He felt really strange. Something was missing. But he couldn't figure out what it was. He looked around. Then he knew immediately.

He froze.

After a few seconds, he slowly put his hand on the back of his head.

There wasn't the well-known face of Voldemort. There was nothing but his own head.

He was shocked. He began to run across the dry ground.

„Voldemort?!" he called. „Voldemort where are you?!"

No answer.

Suddenly, Quirrell felt really empty. He was shaking. He slowly sank on the ground. Dust was swirling up, getting in his eyes, but he didn't care. His heart hurt like someone just cut it into a million pieces. Tearfully he whispered:

„Why?"

But it didn't matter why. It didn't matter what the reason was. His only true love had left him. He was alone. Again.

Drenched in sweat and gasping, Quirrell woke up. He needed a few seconds to realize that it was just a dream. But why didn't the strange feeling disappear? Why did he still feel so lonely?

"Voldemort?" he whispered carefully.

No one answered.

Quirrell took a deep breath, then he put his trembling hand on the back of his head. He gasped again. He felt hair.

Voldemort was gone.