Pietro Maximoff ~ Savior

Relationship: Close Friends
Warnings: Fluff, Cursing

———————————————————————————

Everything around you, was chaos. Chaos. Loads of enemies flew through the air, shooting unspecified bullets, alien tech, etc. Tony flew through the air above your head, tackling a robot to the ground which cracked underneath them. Steve currently blocked a blow that was aimed towards a small family.
"Avengers.. we have to get these people out of here!" Tony came on the comms, his suit now disappeared from where you saw it before.

"How are we going to do that? The city is flying."
just at that moment, a heroic saucer floated into sight. Clouds shifted away from it. Fury. S.H.I.E.L.D.
Discussions came from the comms, and soon, a lot more ships came to save innocent lives. You busied yourself with helping families on board.
A little girl cried at the terrifying chaos that was happening, her tears flowing endlessly. Her mother wrapped her arms around the girls' waist, muttering comfort.

You smiled warmly at them, before hopping off the ship, and towards the many more survivors that ran for safety.
"(Y/N)! Watch out!" Steve's voice blasted through your ear as you helped a old man on board. Turning around blankly, a enemy slammed itself into your body, making you fall back quite far. It followed you, having no interest in the people.

Groaning of pain, as you had landed on quite a lot of debris, you slowly stood up. You may not have powers, but you were one hell of a good fighter. Your enemy fired a shot at you, but you dodged just in time, the pain you had received earlier dragging you just a bit.
You slide to it's side, gripping the metal arm, and twisting it as you leaned under, and took your stance behind him. It's head turned like an owl, but before it could blow you away, you flipped it onto it's back, pinning it down with a foot on it's robotic neck.

You delivered a harsh blow to it's chest, creating a dent, in which cause caused it's power to evaporate. The lights flickered out, and it lay there, like a lifeless body. Just then, another enemy came crashing down from the sky, directed to you. Gasping slightly in surprise, you turn to run, but someone else did it for you.

Your legs were brought up midair as a pair of arms wrapped around your body. Instinctively you wind your arms around their neck, doing so also brought the identity of them.
Pietro. In a blue flash, he took off, wind gushing about in your face.
"Bet you didn't see that coming." his voice was barely audible from the destruction, but you could sense a grin in his tone.

He dropped you off near a ship, where Clint boarded off, letting it fly away. Pietro looked at him, giving him a upward nod before setting you down gently. You gave him a smile, him returning it.
It melted your heart to see his cute face, his orbs, just everything about him knocked you off your feet. It was impossible though, a relationship.
As work had been your most important out of all, and plus, you didn't want to ruin the friendship you had with him.

Clint ran off, in the direction of a little boy clinging on for dear life. As he did so, bullets came raining down and onto the streets, Ultron. Of course.
"Tony, we got a situation here."
"Kind of busy right now."
The enemy ship headed straight for Clint and the boy, of course you couldn't do anything as it zoomed past you in a flash. But in a faster one, Pietro.

You clasped a hand over your mouth, as a blue flash passed the two, standing breathlessly a few feet away. The ship disappeared, and the horror began to fill your body.
"Pietro!"
"Bet you didn't see that coming.." was his last words, as he fell to the ground, lifeless. You rushed over, already tears threatening to fall. Falling to your knees in front of the body, you turn him over slightly as his head craned to look at the sky, although his eyes were closed.

Steve let out a hinged breath, taking in the sight behind you. Tears then, fell to your cheeks, grief hitting you like bricks against stone. The world seemed to have stopped spinning, the chaos and destruction around you seeming to stop in time. It was just you, staring at his face, his limp smile, his limp..
You broke down, the scream of Wanda in the distance.

A pair of hands took each side of your shoulders.
"(Y/N), we got to go.."
"Leave me here.. I can't-" you sniffled mid sentence, unable to create words to leave your mouth. Your sight left as all you could see was the new set of tears, fogging up. Steve processed a thought, before picking up the body for them to bury.
Clint helped the boy to his mother, before hurriedly taking you into one of the escape pods.
Steve lay your best friend down on the floor, his muscles not even tensing.

Clint fell onto a couple of chairs directly next to each other, catching his breath. You sat next to Pietro's limp form, his blonde hair ruffled. Frowning, your love was broken, forever. The man you loved, the man you claimed to be your best friend, had just died right in your very own eyes.
Your chin wobbled, still the tears uncontrollably falling.

You leaned down, placing a meaningful kiss, a kiss you've been waiting for since you met him. As you broke it, you weakly smiled at his face.
"Bet you didn't see that coming." you finished his famous line, but was returned with a hold in your throat. How were you going to live without him? Your thumbs grazed his cheeks, his perfect, cheeks. Clint above, frowned slightly. He had noticed the way you had looked at Pietro before, and understood your grief.

>^> Flashback >^>

Snow was patted down on the lands, the distant ring of bullets and blasts can be heard from outside. Pietro, pulled you into a hug, his smile brightening up the darkest days you've had.
"Promise, I'll be fine. Be safe in here." he broke the hug, making a weird face you've always been blessed with when you were down.

"Just please, don't die on me."

>^><^> (End)

~~*~~

Wanda didn't take the death great either, her cheeks were stained, her big puffy red eyes holding thousands of hurt.
There was a new facility, and right now, Wanda was sitting in the lounging area, with no one around except you. She sniffled, wiping a tear away from her cheek. You currently leaned on one of the doorways, trying to contain the tears trying to break away once more.

You inhaled, you shifted off the wall, taking a seat next to her. She sat with her hands in her lap, her head hanging. You two were also very good friends, as you had spent a good majority of your life together.
Wanda looked up, her chin wobbling. Immediately, she hooked you in a hug, her arms ringing around your waist as well as yours.

You two just sat there for a while, not even speaking a word.

Abruptly the door burst open, to reveal Tony Stark, and Steve Rogers. Wanda and you broke apart slowly, arching brows at the men. They both smiled reassuringly, preparing to propose their big plan.